Rack Mount EQ

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djimakplon

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good rack mount EQ? I got a beat on a dbx 2231 and would like to know if this is worth pursuing.

Thanks for your response. I have a stiletto also...and have an LP Silverburst, though mine is from a reissue.

Anyhow, is yours dual channel? I have to admit I am a bit of a noob, but I am considering/working on putting together a multiple head rig. Would I be able to do this with this unit?

I also read about someone using one channel on the front and the other channel into the loop.

Thanks.

The two sides of my dbx eq are completely independent of each other. I use one side in my Stiletto's effects loop, the other side with the microphone cable from my Banshee talkbox and into a PA.

I've used it with one side in front of the amp too, and it works well for that purpose. I don't see why you couldn't use it with two separate amps, unless there is a ground loop issue. This will vary from amp to amp, so you won't know until you try it.

I might reconfigure my rig, and use both sides of the eq in my effects loop. I use an Axess Electronics GRX4 switcher, so I can have two different eq curves and swap them in and out of the loop, giving my two completely different amp sounds with a tap of a midi pedal!

Back