R0028 is in the house!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kung-Fool

Reaction score
The UPS man just dropped off the 28th Dual Rectifier ever built on my doorstep. This thing is practically mint! Unfortunately, I'm home with a grumpy 10 month old who won't stay asleep for more than 20 mins at a time so I can't fire it up or open it up for pics. Hopefully when my wife gets home I can take it upstairs for a low volume jam session. The suspense is killing me! :cry:

Having a young one definitely puts a hamper on your playing time. I know that when mine was born it was all about late night sessions for a couple years. Then when she was a bout 3 then it became touchy feely while I was playing. It was cute but not very productive. Now she comes and listens for a little bit then goes and plays with her toys or the dogs. She is turning 6 this week.

I think you should have to wait anyway. #28 pssssssshhhhh. I could only be so lucky as to find one so early. Maybe you will not get the time to play it and have to sell it to me.... :wink:

Congrats man, I bet it will sound killer.

Well actually you would be his little brother, his amp is slightly older! And I guess I am daddy so far with R0005, havent found anyone older yet.

Elpelotero said:
I'm your big brother!

bet its an awsome amp,have you let her rip yet.....peace from the little one,I take it it has the power cord attached,when did mesa change it so the power cord can dettach,was it when the 3 channels came out or is there any 2 channels without an attached power cord(or should that be a power chord,hehehehe)

Euan

Sometime in the Mid 90's they changed it, so yes a large amount of 2 channel recto's have the detachable power cord.

mesanomad100 said:
bet its an awsome amp,have you let her rip yet.....peace from the little one,I take it it has the power cord attached,when did mesa change it so the power cord can dettach,was it when the 3 channels came out or is there any 2 channels without an attached power cord(or should that be a power chord,hehehehe)

Euan

Well, I took the family to NH this weekend so I got a whole 5 mins to play with the amp so far. Only at mid volumes though. So far I'm very impressed. It's much tighter and clearer then my Racktifier(Rev G) and even a little more punchy. I was cranking the gain all the way to 3:00 and it wasn't mushing up. Vintage mode is outstanding...it's the best Vintage I've heard yet.

The only downside so far is it's very bright. The Presence is very powerfull and it gets bright very quickly. When I get more playing time I'll do a full review and post pics.

Kung-Fool said:
Well, I took the family to NH this weekend so I got a whole 5 mins to play with the amp so far. Only at mid volumes though. So far I'm very impressed. It's much tighter and clearer then my Racktifier(Rev G) and even a little more punchy. I was cranking the gain all the way to 3:00 and it wasn't mushing up. Vintage mode is outstanding...it's the best Vintage I've heard yet.

The only downside so far is it's very bright. The Presence is very powerfull and it gets bright very quickly. When I get more playing time I'll do a full review and post pics.

+1 to that. You'll find it to do solos really well when flat, but you have to kill some presence to do rhythm.

+2 I keep the presense basically off for rythem and that equals about 12 oclock on a normal rec. most i can turn it up is to about 9 oclock for solo's. The presense knob is defintly way to touchy on these, or i should say get too much presense that you would never use.

Elpelotero said:
Kung-Fool said:

+1 to that. You'll find it to do solos really well when flat, but you have to kill some presence to do rhythm.

Back