Quick speaker question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichiganboySB

Reaction score
Sorry didn't know where else to ask this but are eminence speakers EV speakers? Reason I ask is cuz I bought these Harry Kolbe 1x12 speaker cabinets a while ago and he was suppose to put EV speakers in there but I just discovered they had eminence speakers. Also are eminence speakers a fairly good brand?
Ken

No, Emminence is not EV.

EV is Electro-Voice.

Emminence speakers can be a good inexpensive alternative depending upon what it is you are looking for. Some favor their sonic qualities. Some favor their physical weight. Like I said it all depends upon what you are looking for. Chances are though that you will not find a good replacement for the EVM-12L in an Emminence if you wanted the EVM-12L.

I would contact the person you bought them from even if it was Harry Kolbe himself and demand that the speakers that you purchased be shipped to you free of charge. Then if they wanted the speakers that you have returned then I would also ask for a return shipping label to save yourself the cost of having to ship them back. Afterall the error was not on your behalf. It was theirs. You paid for something. You have the right to receive what you paid for.

I would figure out what model EV speakers that you were supposed to receive first before demanding them in case they were not to your liking though if they were to ship them to you for free without exchange then you would be that much more ahead. It seems rather funny but the cost of some of the Emminence speakers is less than the shipping to get them back. For this reason I would think that they might let you keep the wrong ones and ship you the correct ones for you to mount yourself. Realistically you could demand that they pay for return shipping of the cabinets, the cost of the swap of the speakers for the correct speakers, and shipping back to you. This would be expensive to say the least but there again the error was made by them. I am pretty sure that if the party at fault was to realize this and were a respectable business that they would simply ship you the correct speakers no questions asked. Afterall, to right things and have their wrong speakers back would be more expensive than to just send you the correct speakers raw for you to install. This could be a great bargaining chip if you present it correctly. In any event, I would have them ship you the correct speaker so that you can have trade stock or gear to sell towards your next endeavor.

They may try to just refund to you the difference in price. Do not accept that. That is their cheapest option. Keep the ball in your court.

Lastly, if the speakers that you received are worth more than the EV's that you were supposed to receive..... then keep your mouth shut. If you don't like them then sell them and buy the ones you like or see if you still can receive the lesser speakers. I am pretty sure that if you dealt with a good business that they will see the absurdity of trying to recoup the speakers. Just remember that you are the consumer here and you have rights and the knowledge of what happened that was wrong that was done to you.

Well thankyou for looking out for my best interest Russ I'll try and contact him today. Each of these 1x12's cost $750 to be honest and I recieved the second one with a detached horn and the speaker wires not tight on the lug nuts. So when I took it apart I had noticed the lack of uniformity between the two cabinets... like different screws, lengths, like they had just threw it together on a whim.
So the EV's are more of a superior speaker I take it. This is what he says on his site: Compact ported cabinet with 200w EV12L type speaker. A unique tuning results in very tight bottom end response and a highly detailed open mid and top end performance unheard of in 10" or 15" speaker cabinets.
I wonder when he says "type" that it means a speaker that carries the same characteristics of an EV but its not an EV. Anyways who cares, thanks man.
Ken

He probably did mean "type". I would bet that the Eminence that you have is the Eminence Delta Pro 12A. It was suppose to be the Eminence version of the EVM12L when EV discontinued it.

Chris... 8)

Latest posts

Back