Quick Question About Speaker Jacks (MKIV)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bshizzle

Reaction score
I have a 4 Ohm 2x12 cabinet that I am running into one of the 4 ohm jacks in my Mark IV. I was looking at the manual and it says "Two 4 ohm jacks are provided and should be used when you wish to run two 8 ohm speakers or cabinets"

I just want some confirmation that I am not harming my beloved amp.
The cabinet has two 8 ohm speakers wired for 4 ohms total.

Thanks

You'll be fine. The two 4 ohm jacks work this way.
You connect two 8 ohm speakers, into the 4 ohm jacks, and they are now connected in paralell, so the amp sees an impedance of 4 ohms.

As the manual says; your amp isn't very sensitive to speaker impedance, so you'll be safe running a 4 ohm speaker cabinet to all the speaker outputs, but I would stay away for two 4 ohm cabinets into both 4 ohm outputs, since the amp then sees 2 ohms.

Clear?

Great :lol:

Those jacks are expecting to see a total 4 ohm load in parallel. Since you're only running 1 cab, the cab should be a 4 ohm load. If you wanted to run two cabs, you would want them to be 8 ohm cabs so their total load in parallel would be 4 ohms. You're doing everything fine.

You are doing it right ! :D If you use TWO 8ohm cabs you have to use BOTH 4ohm jacks. One 4ohm cab can use either 4ohm jack. It's the impedance of the cab that matters not the individual speakers.

Thanks guys, It's good know for sure that I am not gonna mess up my amp.

Latest posts

Back