Quick Mark IV question, ned an answer hurry!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone pls correct me if I am wrong.

In the manual it states that you can run an upwards mismatch, but not downwards.

If it's a 1x12, plug the 16ohm cab into the 8 ohm tap you should be fine.

For 2x12s or 4x12s you have some options tho. Crack open the cab and see what speakers are in there. What load is each speaker. Is it a stereo or mono cab? Does it have a DPDT ohms selector on it?

You can always rewire the cabinet to run the proper ohms.

If it's a 2x12, it's 2 8ohm speakers in series

If it's a 4x12 it's usually 4 4ohm speakers in series ***assuming its a mono cab***

For a 2x12 w/2 8ohm speakers, you can rewire it in parallel to achieve 4 ohms 8/2 = 4

Or
Install a dual jackplate into your 2x12 and run both sides at 8ohms connected to the 4 ohm taps(total load will be 4 ohms as the sockets are parallel)

For a 4x12
You can run both sides in series, then install a dual jack plate, then connect to the 4ohm taps

Or

Run both sides in series for 8ohms a side, and then connect them both to a single jack in parallel, run that into a 4ohm tap.

You can find speaker cab wiring diagrams all over the internet. google is your friend.

I've played the 16-ohm Marshall cab with the 8-ohm output from the Boogie with no probs so far. BUT....I'm gonna rewire it for 8-ohms.

I've played the 16-ohm Marshall cab with the 8-ohm output from the Boogie with no probs so far. BUT....I'm gonna rewire it for 8-ohms.

Latest posts

Back