Questions about my Mark II

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haydn

Reaction score
Picture041.jpg

Picture043.jpg

It doesn't have the "+" So I know its not a IIC+. However I do believe its a Mark IIB. I want to be sure because it sounds hotter than any IIB I've played before. Also how would I run a Marshall JCM 900 Full Stack with this head? With those confusing stereo/mono jacks on my cabs?

what's the serial number? go here to verify for sure

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/welcome.html

my guess is a coliseum bc of that huge transformer. maybe 2c bc of the black knobs. im prolly wrong tho. beats me.

Boogiebabies said:
Interesting, so would you say that Simul Class / Class A switch on the rear view on the far right is actually the 60 / 100 watt switch which this Mark IIB "gut" on a Mark IIC+ Simul Class chassis?

Please don't take this as contridiction since I'm not MESA Boogie expert but more for confirmation. 8)

No. There were MK IIB simul-class amps. It appears to be a IIB simul-class. Which would be 75 watts in simul-class mode and 15 watts in class A mode. The 100/60 watters usually say Full Pwr/Half Pwr.

Joey707 said:
No. There were MK IIB simul-class amps. It appears to be a IIB simul-class. Which would be 75 watts in simul-class mode and 15 watts in class A mode. The 100/60 watters usually say Full Pwr/Half Pwr.

Or, if it's on the back panel, 100/60 R.M.S.

Joey707 said:

Thanks, Joey707, I got the impression that if a Mark II is simul-class it usually a Mark IIC, I was not aware that there were Mark IIB that were simul class. :wink:

Back