Question: Used Mk IV: Price, Model

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoBull

Reaction score
I've heard about a used Mk IV for $1350. Don't know what year it is yet.

Questions:
-Any concerns about buying a used Boogie or Mk IV?
-Is the price reasonable?
-Are there particular years/serial numbers I should look for or look to avoid?

Thanks for your help.

That price is OK for a mint, close to new head or combo. For the most part, they go for $1100 to $1250 on ebay used.

Boogies are built "like a tank" for the most part - that's why you see so many still around from the early 90's. If I was you I would only buy one in excellent condition just to cover your ***.

The price seems a little high at $1350. I would say no matter what year or model you get you should be content with it. The A has its own sound as the B does but they both still sound very similar. With the A you get a closer to Mark IIC+-ish sound. With the B you get a sattelite send. The effects loop in the A is 2 separate loops whereas in the B it is a single loop. The A version uses a 12at7 for reverb only and the B uses a 12ax7 but the reverb is not completely in the same tube. The A version sounds more a little more raw yet smoother in the lead where the B sounds a little more gainy and compressed. Again the differences are very subtle but noticeable side-by-side. The early Mark IV's are the A version. There is much discussion over them A v. B. Search it. It is decent reading.

If you bought it, and have the sattelite send, I'll be posting one in the classifieds in 4 more posts. 100 watter!

Latest posts

Back