Question TC Electronics Effects rack users

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottkahn

Reaction score
G-Major. The best of the bunch for guitar multi-fx. Highly programmable, great MIDI control, multiple FX at once, plus built-in Tuner, solo boost feature, and more... optimized for use with guitars.

M-One. Studio dedicated Reverb unit with a few effects, but no tuner and far fewer effect types. It has better reverbs than you'd ever need in a guitar rig, and far fewer guitar-oriented features and effects that you would want.

G-Sharp. Entry-level guitar effects. Much less capable than the G-Major.

M-350. Entry-level studio reverb. Pro studio = M One. Home studio = M350.

And if the G-Major isn't good enough for you, the G-Force is the high-end pro model that's even better, and the G-System is an integrated solution with built-in pedal board/foot controller and effect quality in between the G-Force and G-Major.

That should do it for you. If you're getting your feet wet with guitar rack effects, go with the G-Major instead of the other things you listed.

either go for a G-major or a G-force. the force is more expensive, but has more options in terms of routing your effects. but if you are looking for a cheaper unit, go with the g-major.

I took the plunge and got a G force. It has far more options than the G-Major but your also paying for it. G-Major is an excellent processor but if you want the little bit more go with the Force

I've used a G-Major for years now. If you need intelligent pitch shifting or more routing options, go with the G-Force, but the G-Major is serious bang for the buck...

I think that this is a non acceptable topic, because you are asking other users about the his experiences with multifx, but anyone has his own equipment and his own subjetive ideas.
I think that the best way to post that topic is:
Hello I´m looking for a multifx units, my equipment is:..... could somebody help me with similar equipment????
A gforce is a gforce, and a gmajor is a gmajor but everyone is everyone, if I have a valvestate I could think that a gmajor is the best for my purposes, if I have a road king I think that gmajor is the worst for my equipment and even a gforce is not the best for me.
So please try to reformulate the question with your equipment, fx and sound to achieve, if you fix your aims and goals we can help you better, there are a lot of very well-know people on that forum that could help you

fatboy135 said:
I think that this is a non acceptable topic, because you are asking other users about the his experiences with multifx, but anyone has his own equipment and his own subjetive ideas.
I think that the best way to post that topic is:
Hello I´m looking for a multifx units, my equipment is:..... could somebody help me with similar equipment????
A gforce is a gforce, and a gmajor is a gmajor but everyone is everyone, if I have a valvestate I could think that a gmajor is the best for my purposes, if I have a road king I think that gmajor is the worst for my equipment and even a gforce is not the best for me.
So please try to reformulate the question with your equipment, fx and sound to achieve, if you fix your aims and goals we can help you better, there are a lot of very well-know people on that forum that could help you

Is it me, or is it everytime I see you in a post you're talking down of effects processors, I mean, who do you think you are? John Petrucci uses effects processors, steve vai does, I do, alot of people do, no one cares about your input, he asked a question, why can't you just answer it, you also did this is in my forum too and others as well. Maybe you should reformulate your question to .. I think the G major is such and such ... huh?

anyways

In order of how they are

I think the G sharp is the entry level unit

G major is the cheap version of the G force without some features

G force - top dog

if you got the cash go for the G force, you can choose different routing, if you're tight on cash, go for the G major, it's wicked great, way better then any Rocktron effects unit, and if that's too much go for the G sharp, personally the G major is great intermediate peice of rack.

The G-Major was my "starter" rack gear, and I still use it. The reverb on it is killer. And with the latest software installed, I really dig the harmony patches I've set up.

cvansickle said:
The G-Major was my "starter" rack gear, and I still use it. The reverb on it is killer. And with the latest software installed, I really dig the harmony patches I've set up.

Theres new harmony patches? what do they do?

Is it me, or is it everytime I see you in a post you're talking down of effects processors

i´m digital fx hater

who do you think you are?
A man who spends a year programing dsp, and know what I´m talking about

John Petrucci uses effects processors, steve vai does, I do, alot of people do

Does it means so that digital multieffects are good???? if jp or steve vai becomes gay will you follow them :lol:

no one cares about your input

So if you don´t care about it, why are you so angry????

he asked a question, why can't you just answer it,

Because is a million repetitive question, I could answer with a phrase " use the search button " but I was trying to answer the question the best I can do. I can´t recomend a multifx without knowing his actually equipment, saying go for a gforce or gmajor without knowing his equipment it´s a big nonsense, if I know he has a road king so you have enough budget to go for a gforce, if you have a valvestate I must understand that you have a limit budget, so easy man, without knowing the equipment and budget I couldn´t recomend any multifx

you also did this is in my forum too and others as well
what forum???? are you angry because I don´t answer you, well give me the link.

go for the G major, it's wicked great, way better then any Rocktron effects unit

:lol:

Nick_cor said:
cvansickle said:

Well, I programed them myself, but the ability to do it is there with v. 1.27 of the software. I have third, fourth, fifth, seventh, octave and ninth harmony patches set up.

Dear Fatboy135,

First of all if John Petrucci turned gay then I guess that would makes him a F'in amazing gay guitar player and I'd still have the same respect for him. He has amazing tone, and he uses a ton of effects.

Second, what makes you think I'm a follower, I love john petruccis older tones. That's why I use Boogie. John Peturcci introduced me to Boogie amps and since there I've never seen an amp to compare.

Third, If John Petrucci uses effects and his tone is still unbelievable then i guess that means effects are good whether their digital or analogue.

Last, you should have no say what good tone is, for one good tone is very personal, I like what I like, you like what you like, and btw you have the most digital preamp of all. The Triaxis.

Maybe it's time for you to stop giving out your useless advice. I mean, who the hell wants to carry around a million stupid stomp pedals. I bet you dance better then you play.

cvansickle said:
Nick_cor said:
cvansickle said:

Well, I programed them myself, but the ability to do it is there with v. 1.27 of the software. I have third, fourth, fifth, seventh, octave and ninth harmony patches set up.

Right on dude, that's a bunch

who the hell wants to carry around a million stupid stomp pedals

http://static.twoday.net/yourtenmofo/images/pedalboards.jpg :lol:

You don´t really need to dance, with an axess grx4 it is all pedals controlled by midi, I also didn´t need a million of stomp boxes, I only need no more than 7-8 pedals, all the sound becomes from the guitar and the amp, if you need a lot of fx to get your sound I think that you must stop for a day and waste all the time trying to achieve good sounds with the amp, jimi hendrix or SRV never used digital fx and they play very nice music, another matter is that you are trying to do new synthetic music with a lot of fx, then you need of course a digital multifx, for example a fireworx but NEVER a gmajor, ok I´m agree with you, you need a lot of fx then get a digital multi, but be coherent with your reasons and don´t get a gmajor, because then your reason falls down for your own weight, go for a digital multifx, but a real digital multifx not a gmajor invented for children that want some effects on his valvestates, as I said to you in the other topic, getting a mark IV and a gmajor is a totally waste of mark IV tone.

fatboy135 said:
who the hell wants to carry around a million stupid stomp pedals

http://static.twoday.net/yourtenmofo/images/pedalboards.jpg :lol:

You don´t really need to dance, with an axess grx4 it is all pedals controlled by midi, I also didn´t need a million of stomp boxes, I only need no more than 7-8 pedals, all the sound becomes from the guitar and the amp, if you need a lot of fx to get your sound I think that you must stop for a day and waste all the time trying to achieve good sounds with the amp, jimi hendrix or SRV never used digital fx and they play very nice music, another matter is that you are trying to do new synthetic music with a lot of fx, then you need of course a digital multifx, for example a fireworx but NEVER a gmajor, ok I´m agree with you, you need a lot of fx then get a digital multi, but be coherent with your reasons and don´t get a gmajor, because then your reason falls down for your own weight, go for a digital multifx, but a real digital multifx not a gmajor invented for children that want some effects on his valvestates, as I said to you in the other topic, getting a mark IV and a gmajor is a totally waste of mark IV tone.

I have to disagree, maybe you should try it, maybe play one, maybe you've tried it through your triaxis and it sounded like a waste because the triaxis is a waste.

I dont´t know where started your hate against me but I think that there is a terrible nonsense, because it seems a fight to see who have the great reason, and there is not a great reason, there are only opinions.

Last, you should have no say what good tone is, for one good tone is very personal, I like what I like, you like what you like, and btw you have the most digital preamp of all. The Triaxis.

You say it, it is a taste matter.
I could give you some reasons about the triaxis, for example that there isn´t any ADC or DAC converters on the audio signal path, I could explain that the digital environment and midi only manage a memory where it is store the presets, I could explain you how the digital environment manage the optoacopleurs in the same way as a pedalboard do on a road king, I could write an entirely book about this fucking triaxis is not as digital as people though.
But all that issues will be a totally waste of time, because you maybe will replied that jp used bla bla bla, well do us a favour, go to jp website and look into his actually gear....
Well on this topic I only tried to help someone to choose the right multifx for his equipment, music style and budget, if I sounds to be the typical " know-all " the fucking boss of the forum, the only all knowledge on the forum, I must to apologize for it. I spend a part of my life studing electronics and I think that I have some ideas that could help, but as I see that only creates me enemies.
So for that reason I will beg to you to ignore me on that forum unless we could speak in a normal manner please skip my post as I will do the same with yours, sorry to be so dramatic, but I don´t really need to waste my time on war of words, I think that my little spare time I get into the forum is to enjoy and not to maintain questions about my person.
So please go on with the topic matter and if you really need to insult me please do that on private, we are creating one of the biggest shitting offtopic

fatboy135 said:
I dont´t know where started your hate against me but I think that there is a terrible nonsense, because it seems a fight to see who have the great reason, and there is not a great reason, there are only opinions.

You say it, it is a taste matter.
I could give you some reasons about the triaxis, for example that there isn´t any ADC or DAC converters on the audio signal path, I could explain that the digital environment and midi only manage a memory where it is store the presets, I could explain you how the digital environment manage the optoacopleurs in the same way as a pedalboard do on a road king, I could write an entirely book about this f%&# triaxis is not as digital as people though.
But all that issues will be a totally waste of time, because you maybe will replied that jp used bla bla bla, well do us a favour, go to jp website and look into his actually gear....
Well on this topic I only tried to help someone to choose the right multifx for his equipment, music style and budget, if I sounds to be the typical " know-all " the f%&# boss of the forum, the only all knowledge on the forum, I must to apologize for it. I spend a part of my life studing electronics and I think that I have some ideas that could help, but as I see that only creates me enemies.
So for that reason I will beg to you to ignore me on that forum unless we could speak in a normal manner please skip my post as I will do the same with yours, sorry to be so dramatic, but I don´t really need to waste my time on war of words, I think that my little spare time I get into the forum is to enjoy and not to maintain questions about my person.
So please go on with the topic matter and if you really need to insult me please do that on private, we are creating one of the biggest sh!t offtopic

Listen man, i'm not trying to create a war, I know JP uses the triaxis, and i think it sounds like garbage, same with his recitifes, i don't like the rectifier sound, I like the mark series and that's about it from mesa. I think instead of saying digital effects are bad, and just hating on them, and giving your opinion give facts. The G major is a great rack unit, and for the price nothing can compare. I know it's not totally transparent but it's still great. Effects are a great way of adding to your creativity, but too much will take away, that's why it's either , huge algrorithms or small ones, like just using some verb and delay. not everyone has enough money to buy a 2290, so the g major for what it's worth is an amazing peice of gear and hopefully alot of people agree with me. and again i'm not trying to cause war, but when you go on everyones forum and just say, FXs are ****, well your insulting us because everyone who owns one bought one because they like it and your directly insulting their taste. I wouldn't get offended if you said, I don't like FXs.. becuase .... ( so and so ) but that's why i was pointing you out. anyways see you.

ok after all that nonsenses, go on with the topic.
Since I spend maybe the last 10 years on my life playing with several multifx brands and after working inside them not like a guitarrist, because it was my job I concluided that for my tastes and purposes digital fx wasn´t my best friends.
that doesn´t means that for other people the digital fx will be so bad.
there are a lot of guitarrist that processed his sound a lot and the sounds even so nice.
For example Steve Vai and Jp used and abused a lot of brands like eventide, tc electronic, lexicon, but his processors costs about 2000 dollars no 500 as a gmajor.
in my point of view, getting a multifx unit is as licit as get stomp boxes, but be careful, cheapest fx units could collapse down all your great tone, cheapest converters, poor algorythms improvements, not powerfull dsp, could get the sound into a holy ****.
For that reason if anyone wants to play such devices so go on it is another option to analog pedals, but never think that you are playing in the same league that steve vai because he has digital fx and you too (U2 :lol: )
If you want to play on premier league like steve vai, go for an eventide eclipse, for a lexicon pcm81 or for tc staff like fireworx ( 1800 dollars ) or gforce (1200 dollars ) but not for a gmajor ( 500 dollars )
Of course if your budget it so close, and you only want some digital fx, to play into a low quality equipment of course the gmajor is your best choice

I´m trying to explain that if you only have 500 dollars of budget, I think that there are two things you could do
1) Continuing saving money till you get enough for a gforce second hand
2) Get good analog pedals

Of course you could get the gmajor but 500 dollars of gmajor will sound worst than a axess grx4 and 4 pedals, it is only the opinion I forge during my last years, any other option or choice is as good as mine Iif you achieve your goals

anyway everybody has his own experienced, and we can share them, of course the last word is the user who wants to buy it. The best thing to do is get some opinions get your own conclusions think about it and of course test all the equipment you can do, this is the best advice.

Latest posts

Back