Question regarding future setup/Mark III/EQ...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyless7620

Reaction score
I recently sold my Mark IV combo and I have a certain sound in my head and a way I want to acomplish it. Tell me if this makes sense! I'm looking for a sound reminiscent of ...And Justice For All era 'tallica but with a more modern Nevermoresque edge.

There's a blue stripe Mk III rackmount on ebay right now which I plan on buying. Someone suggested I get another EQ setup along with the amp. Then that'll be topped off with some Vader Cabs.

Is this whole EQ business the real deal?

External eq's definitely help in shaping the "perfect" tone for your own sound. I haven't needed an external eq on top of the GEQ on any of the mark series amps, especially the III. It never hurts to try external eq's, but make sure it's a quality one. I would also try to go for a parametric eq over a graphic eq, just a personal preference though.

I think the $800-$850 is the average for a fully loaded III, they're worth every penny, not sure why they have such a low "value" right now, but take advantage of it.

Latest posts

Back