Question in regards to G major and Dual rec. HELPPP. haha

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tempest1226

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'll try to make this as un newbie as I possibly can. haha. Although it just will be. Ok. Ive been fighting this g major/dual rec hookup for a while and decided to just try getting the results/answers on here because i always have good luck on this board. Right now I have my dual rec fx loop going into a loop on my gcx channel switcher and then into my g major. BUt you can ignore the gcx because thats just amiddle man. I have it set with kill dry on (as suggested), Parallel because i was told dual recs are parallel amps, it is set on PRO rather than CONSUMER, Dither is on 24 Bits, The output range is set at 20dbu. I never really messed with the Midi/utilities function. I have my input and output volume knobs on the left set of the g major all the way up and my dual recs send and return at around 12:00. Although I have expiremented changing them everywhich way. The problem I am having is that whenever i have the fx input volume (i guess you would call it) up, I can hear all the effects but there is what i would describe as a tunnel sound with it. For ex. the Delay trails are muffeled and not crystal clear as with say a normal boss DD-6 Stomp. THe closest ive come to getting rid of that with the delay is when i lower the fx volume and raise the delay wet to 100% but then you cant hear and modulations like chorus,flange, etc, because the fx level is too low. I know this is scrambled but before i give up on this 3 month venture so far, i was hoping there would be someone that has expirence with this same or simular setup. Thank you so much for your time. -ron

Are you running the effects in series, parallel, or semi parallel? I run them in parallel and have it set to route lock. The individual channel masters work as a secondary send level, so make sure they aren't down too low (I keep mine around noon or higher). Other than that, you might need to reset the unit, which won't delete your patches, but it will reset the midi signal to pull up built in patches instead of user patches.

hey. i have it set to parallel with the routing locked. And i reset it today and it did nothing. Where do you have the send and return from your dual rec fx loop set at and where do you have the input and output knob on the left side of the g major set at.

Latest posts

Back