question for LSC players who use delay in the loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maury

Reaction score
I was running a Fishman AFX delay in the loop of my LSC. I always set my FX gain on the back of the amp to 1:00. When using this Fishman delay, I could never set my individual channel outputs higher than 9:00 or it would clip the delay (the Fishman has an input clip LED). My amp sounds SO much better when the FX send is at 1:00 and the individual channel outputs are near 11:00 or higher. I can't enjoy that with this box.

Delay pedal users, have any of you been able to use a delay pedal in the loop with gains set this high? If so, which delay are you using? TIA

Maury said:
I was running a Fishman AFX delay in the loop of my LSC. I always set my FX gain on the back of the amp to 1:00. When using this Fishman delay, I could never set my individual channel outputs higher than 9:00 or it would clip the delay (the Fishman has an input clip LED). My amp sounds SO much better when the FX send is at 1:00 and the individual channel outputs are near 11:00 or higher. I can't enjoy that with this box.

Delay pedal users, have any of you been able to use a delay pedal in the loop with gains set this high? If so, which delay are you using? TIA

I always set my amp fx loop to 10 and set my pedal (digitech don't remember the model #)
to 12:00 o'clock .

Maury said:
Boss DD-3, Guyatone MD-3

I think the TC electronics Nova Delay allows you to set the pedal for the amount of signal you are sending to it. I have a Nova Reverb in an amp with a completely unbuffered loop and once I set the pedal for the highest signal I would ever send it through the loop I never had any problems with clipping.

I ordered a Nova and it just came in. This pedal is really nice. I'm so glad I don't have to choose between running my amp's channel outputs high and using delay.

To my ears, at bedroom levels I can't hear enough of a difference between 9V and 12V power (the Nova wants 12V but can safely run on 9V). Maybe I'll post a video review someday.

thanks again for the advice!

Maury said:
Thank you all ... the Nova sure looks like a winner.

+1 I have a Nova Delay that I run in the FX loop of my pig and it's the best delay I've ever owned (DD-20, DD-3, DD-5, H2O are the others I've had). When I was setting up my rig w/ the FX loop, I set my volume and gain without anything in the FX loop, then once I was happy I hooked up my pedals in the FX loop. I then matched the gain w/ FX loop engaged to gain w/o FX loop. Last step was to set the input gain of the Nova. Works like a charm.

Hope this helps my friend. Oh, and if you have a PP2+ power supply, you can run the Nova on it and run it at 12V. Just put it on the 5th or 6th power jack and flick the little switch on the underside of the PP2+. I'll have to check my board to see which jack mine is running on.

Must be doing something wrong. I'm getting a horrible amount of distortion on my DD-3. I can only put the Boss level on 9:00. that's ok - I don't want that much delay on this pedal, but I want to add another delay with more repeats. I'm kicking myself for not getting Nova pedal for $125.00. I hate taking it out of the loop. Ideas please.

That's the problem I was having too. The reason the Nova is nice, is that it accepts a hotter input signal than the Boss stuff.

I use an MXR Carbon Copy and a Boss DD-3 in the loop and they work fine at any volume or gain level.

I had a carbon copy and didnt like it in the loop. it sounded too distorted. I traded it for a Nova Repeater and couldnt be happier. It has 2 inputs. One is for putting it in fx loops

Back