question for F-Series amp owners.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barneyc4

Reaction score
How is the Rerverb on the F-30, F-50, or F-100? Is it thick and rich?
any sound clips?

I love my F50, but IMHO the reverb is it's weakest aspect...it's rather dry and sterile...not lush and wet like your standard Fender type. It's not horrible, and is better than the reverb on some Mesa amps, but in the end I'll probably end up buying a reverb pedal to use with mine.

This brings up a good point...Why is it that the Mesa reverb is so mediocre? What is it that Fender can do for amps less expensive that Mesa cannot? Also, is this the case for the Lonestar series? I know my rectoverb has a VERY mediocre reverb and I hear complaints from just about every other Mesa line as well.

Surfcaster said:
I love my F50, but IMHO the reverb is it's weakest aspect...it's rather dry and sterile...not lush and wet like your standard Fender type. It's not horrible, and is better than the reverb on some Mesa amps, but in the end I'll probably end up buying a reverb pedal to use with mine.

I had the F-50 for a short duration. The reverb was very sterile, but, then again, it's silicon. I bought a DC-5, much better reverb as it it tube, but by no means lush (comparing to Fender). Also, there is no real gradualization on my amp. No matter how incrementally I turn the knob, it is either off or too strong for subtle settings.

Hi barneyc4,

The reverb on the F-series is usable, but it is not as lush and warm as a nice Fender amp. On the plus side, the reverb never swamps the guitar tone, and thus never lets the guitar tone get lost in the mix in the way that a lusher type reverb could.

Me? I tend to use reverb from my rack FX unit, but I have no problems using the inbuilt F-series reverb. The Clean sound (Miked) and the following two or three clips in link below were recorded using the amp's reverb.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=16634&highlight=piccie#16634

Please let me know what you think.

Big smiles,

Andy.

Back