Question about tubes w/ the rectoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natek

Reaction score
Yeah I'm really new to the whole sound and use of tubes. I recently purchased a Petrucci signature guitar and am just about to purchase a rectoverb combo. I'm obsessed with petrucci's tone and was wondering what tubes I should look for to achieve his lead tone (the rectoverb takes EL34's or 6L6's). I know he plays through Road King setup but i'm just a poor college student :cry: So anyways, I mostly want tubes specifically for the sound like his lead, some tubes that would compliment the crystal clean piezo sound, and some for an incredibly fat clean tone. I'm guessing i'll need to purchase all of these pairs of tubes seperately to achieve each sound i want. Sorry for the beginner questions, but your comments are aprecciated.

+1, I think you'll be fine with the stock 6L6 tubes! Just remember, it's nearly impossible to duplicate someone's recorded sound, especially Petrucci's! Have you ever seen his rig? :shock:

Back