question about TriAxis outputs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukongreg

Reaction score
Hello,

This is a dumb question, but is there any advantage to using both outputs on the TriAxis? Will it give "double" the sound, if you know what I mean?

My TriAxis will be wired into a Switchblade GL switching system and I won't be using the TriAxis f/x loop. I wasn't sure whether to use both outputs of the TriAxis or just one? Or if it even matters tone-wise?

Thanks!
yukongreg

Hey Yukon Greg....

There is no SOUND advantage to using both outputs unless you are using FX in the Triaxis effects loop with stereo returns or you need to feed both channels of a stereo power amp.

If you are not running your FX in the Triaxis Loop, (and running your FX in parallel), you can use one output as DRY and the other to feed the FX inputs.

Here's an example of using the 2 channels separately with parallel FX...

triaixis_rack.jpg

triaxis_rack2.jpg

1. TRIAXIS Output A loops through a Custom Control Switcher LOOP, for muting, and feeds the DRY signal to the mixer.
2. TRIAXIS Output B feeds a signal-splitter to feed the FX inputs in parallel. (The FX are set to KILL-DRY because we will mix a DRY signal separately.)
3. The DRY and FX outs are mixed in a Mixer and Split to 2 outputs for a Stereo Power Amp.
4. The FX inputs also have a Control Switcher LOOP at the input to allow muting of the FX while allowing reverb and delay trails to carry-on when you change patches.
5. I use a ISP Decimator in the Triaxis loop to eliminate high Gain Noise/ Hiss/ Hum etc. so that the Amp is completely quiet when I'm not playing.

Here's a picture of the modified Control Switcher for use as a 4- Channel Mute device.

cs5.jpg

I hope this gives you some ideas...

seeya

Joe

Tone-wise both outputs are the same, or slightly different due to V5 (both triode are not exactly the same). Experiment with the two and check if you like on better than another.

This is not true about the record outputs, A and B are totaly differents beasts (unless you TA was modded).

Back