Question about switching two amps with GCX

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe187

Reaction score
I have two Boogies - a Mark V and a Roadster. Both are combos. I want to use my G System to switch the channels on the Mark V, which I already do, but I also want to run in stereo. I was thinking of using the GCX head to switch channels on the Roadster. Can I send Midi Program or CC messages to the GCX to have it switch the Roadster? Does the GCX switch via midi? I am not sure it does. I know you can use the GCX pedal to switch loops on the GCX head, but I don't want to pedal dance. I want both amps switched with one push of a G System button. Am I expecting too much?

Thanks in Advance.

Joe

Joe,

I asked a similar question here: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=44310

May be the responses will help. If not, I'm sure someone will answer your specific question soon.

Yes the GCX can switch you amp channels via midi. Question is if the GCX has enough loops for both amps. I had to purchase two GCX switchers for my RK Mark IV rig.

Back