Question about Rectoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Say

Reaction score
Hey!
Please excuse my ignorance if this is common knowledge (I'm new to the world of Boogies), but I just had a question about powering a cab with a Rectoverb combo or head. My understanding is that you can a power speaker cabinet with not only the head but the combo amp as well (referring to the Rectoverb), but would there be any particular ad/disadvantages to each setup? I'm in the market for a recto and I'm just trying to see what options I have. Thanks guys.
Say

A couple of reasons/differences might be....

Open back combo/closed back cab~the differences in sound thereof.
A seperate cab can/may somewhat reduce vibration of tubes, and possibly lengthen their life span.
Separate cab also gives the ability to experiment with different speaker configurations/types.

I am from the "Separate Head And Cab" school of thought as well, but don't get me wrong, I have and love several combos too.

The main thing when powering ext. cabs with a combop is to just make sure the impedances match correctly.

Bottom line: a head and a 2x12 cab (or 1x12 or 4x12 or whatever) will usually sound bigger and sometimes better than the same spkr. config in a combo.

M

Maybe it would be good to have a combo and a cab for the tonal differences?? It might be cool to have the 4 x 12 closed back extention for the low end and punch while retaining the 2 x 12 combo on the top for the air-y openness of your clean tones-- Nice thought!! :D

Especially if you have a road king with selectable speaker out per channel. :shock:

Latest posts

Back