Question about Quad preamp...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vette1992

Reaction score
I recently purchased a quad preamp with fooswitch, problem is, it didnt come with the cable to control it...

My question is, is the connector a 3-pin on one end and 4-pin on the other?

The footswitch that came with the amp has a 4 pin conector, but my amp only has a 3 pin connector, like a standard XLR jack, i just want to know if this is normal or if my amp has been screwed with....

Thanks

Hang on to that footswitch!
As far as I know it should be a 4 pin xlr on both ends. It's also supposed to be a shielded cable. I haven't been able to find one, so I'm making one myself. In the meantime, if you have a regular tip to ground switch, you can access one channel. You can also combine 2 channels by running a speaker cable from one jack to another.

I bought a cable off of ebay, but the ones you see are for video camera power supplies. They only need 2 conductors, so the wire was regular speaker cable. I rigged up 5 pieces of loose wire, soldered them in, and it worked. I'm not sure if the 5th wire was neccessary, but there was a ground connection. I'm waiting on a shipment of 4 conductor shielded cable to complete the project. I'll post the results.

If you are into midi, or have alot of effects that you want to use & switch the boogie from the same midi controller, look for a midi switcher. The oldest kind is the Rockman Octopus. Fairly inexpensive, but oop. Boogie made one called the matrix. It's oop, and expensive. do asearch, there are several others out there that will do the trick.

Latest posts

Back