Question about mods for the C+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mystidream

Reaction score
I'm sending out my C+ at the end of the week to get checked over by Boogie. Does anyone know of any mods that Mike will do to a C+ regarding the clean channel? I remember reading that JP had a mod done to his C+ that controlled the volume of the clean channel or something. I think it was the mod where that little knob was put where the footswitch jack on the front panel was. Do any of you guys know for sure what thats all about and if there is such a mod out there? Thanks.

IMO, if you have a C+, LEAVE IT ALONE!

I guess I just feel that the C+ is the ultimate amp IMO, so I hate to see anyone try to mod or improve it. But to be more direct about your question, are you having problems getting a decent clean sound out of the amp?

This is not really about a mod but it is about modifying the sound, so....

I've got a IIC+ 60/100 no reverb no simul-class combo. The manual is not all that clear on how/what/why of using 4ohm vs. 8ohm speaker jacks depending on which model you have (60 only vs. 60/100), clean vs. lead channel, "more power" whatever that means, etc. I've been running at 60 with the speaker in the 4ohm jack. I have an 8ohm extension cab I'd like to also run. 60 watts is loud enough, but somewhere on this board I saw that running 100 watts and the speaker out of 4ohm jack will sound more simul-class. Not exactly sure what that means but I'm thinking it would be a good thing (this amp can sound *better*?). But if I did that and then also plugged in another 8ohm speaker, what would happen to the sound? Should it go into a 4 or 8 ohm jack?

Clearly I'm confused. So I'm looking for experience and suggestions as to how to configure speaker settings on this amp depending on wattage setting, and what the expected sound of those settings might be. Any takers?

OK, while I'm at it, is it worth thinking about mods for reverb and/or SC, or should I just leave the amp alone?

You can experiment a bit with the speaker outputs.

If you want to use two 8ohm speakers, plug them into both 4ohm outputs.
If you use only one 8ohm speaker, you can experiment with both 8ohm or 4ohm outputs.
If you put one 8 ohm speaker into the 8ohm output, and one 8ohm speaker into the 4ohm, you will get impedance mismatch and will not sound very good I believe.

About 60 vs 100 watts, trust your ears.

I don't think you can mod your amp with reverb, because it needs a different motherboard, which is long gone. And the original SC transformer is long gone as well.
I would leave it the way it is.

Back