question about mark IIC+ combo conversion to head...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk19

Reaction score
hi

I have a IIC+ combo but with the speaker it is just to **** heavy I want to convert it to a head. Is it possible to order a amp head casing from boogie? I think it will be a short mark IV wood casing, how much are these wooden casings?

Why not use a MK I head shell ? This way you do not have the cut out for the footswitch.

Last time I checked it was $ 700.00 for an Imbuya head shell.
I found an original on E-bay for $ 300.00 because everyone thought it was a fake. It came with the Howard Fan and reverb tank. A few weeks later and Imbuya head shell went on E-bay for just over $ 1000.00.

Sucka's....

if the wooden one is that expensive I would consider a short head like a mark IV head shell or another one that fits

If you lived in the US ...

I have a poplar head enclosure (small chassis) with rabbet joints (not dovetail) and I thinking of tolex it and place on E-Bay.

I built this for a friend who wanted a maple color combo for his Mark III but he sold his Mark III with its original combo enclosure and gave me back this head enclosure.

This cabinet builder gets a lot of good press around "The Gear Page".

http://www.bobburtcabinets.com/

Chris... Chris

kirk19 said:
if it fits I would like to buy that if the price is right
kirk, be patient with me. I have to dig the chassis out, take images, I'll PM them to you. I'll PM price too. (this won't happen until earlier next week since i'll be gone the weekend).

I'm sure it will fit a Mark II. But at this time it has a flat sheen coat of lacquer. I would have to recoat if you want to stay with wood. Now if you want tolex, I would have to strip the enclosure before applying the tolex.

I'm a woodworker (hobby) so this is not much trouble. I just helping out fellow Boogie members.

Or you could go chedgeco route from a custom cabinet builder.

oke man no problem I will be patient, I have time. It just that I want to make it easier to move...

Back