Quad modifications

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMMP

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am debating modifying my quad preamp to accept an IEC power cable instead of the attached one. If it is done well, would it lower the value of the preamp, and if so, how significant, in your opinion? Thanks for any and all responses

$50-$100. Depends entirely on the buyer. I'd see it as a benefit, but not everyone would (collectors).

I would check with Boogie directly on that question.
I seem to remember having a conversation with Tien about a band that shortened up some of their rack gear power cables to keep things neat and tidy and ended pulling their hair out trying to figure out what had mysteriously changed their rig mojo. Turns out the power cable length mattered at least for them. Anyways can't hurt to call and ask.

It's a good question. I love IEC cables, but I would not mess with anything on my Quad. Forget collectors...who would sell one? I retired mine to the studio but still use it from time to time. Get some good cable wraps, and preform some clean cable management. It is cheaper, you cant break it, and you can get to bond with the back of you rack again!!!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back