Punk Rock sound

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_1234

Reaction score
I've just got a stiletto ace and I would like some punk rock sound like blink 182...millencolin...sum 41...the offsrping...NOFX...anti-flag

Anyone got settings for what l'm looking for ?

Thanks Dave

Keep the gain low, bass not too high, mids dimed a little or pushed a little to your likings. Just turn the knobs and keep the tone you want in mind.

Offspring used Mark IV's on a lot of their records(just like Pennywise and NOFX) and they keep the gain low and the mids somewhat pushed.

Asking how to play punk rock is about as anti punk rock as you can get! :shock:

Plug in, and play fast and loud!

awgriffey said:
Asking how to play punk rock is about as anti punk rock as you can get! :shock:

Plug in, and play fast and loud!

that's punk like sex pistols...

Modern 'punk' or skatepunk/poppunk/postpunk or wtf it maybe called nowadays is a lot better in terms of soundquality.

in regards to the sound quality nowadays, that may be true, but if you're trying too hard to sound "punk" it's not going to happen. With a great amp like this guy has, all he needs to do is play loud, and distorted, and tweak the sound to his liking.

mick jones got some nice trashy sounds of out of his mkII. i love me some clash.

speaker choice might be something to look into. greenbacks can break up in a ratty way, could be cool if you're not using lots of preamp gain.

I remember reading somewhere that Tom from Blink 182
runs the master volume really high and the channel gain lower.

using the poweramp to push the speaker.

Back