pull deep on a 2c?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alistair

Reaction score
Hey guys, just a funny little question.

I have what is definitely an export IIC, no simul, no EQ, however, my faceplate says pull deep, not pull shift or gain boost. Any explanation?
I believe the amp is an '83

Not funny, but a good question.

The Pull Deep faceplate was available as far back as 12/83 as it's on the Mesa 1983 Christmas card. They were going to change it anyway and probably ran out of non-eq Gain Boost plates and slapped a Pull Deep on. This would be the third IIC with a Pull Deep face plate I have heard about. The other two are visually verified IIC's. I would do the loop test just to be 1000% positive. It's a gray area, but it has a plausible explanation even if it's a stock IIC.

thanks for that.

I am fairly sure it is a 2C, but it is hard to tell as someone before me did some quite extensive mods to the preamp section. I can take photos if you are interested.

Does it actually function as a pull deep or gain boost? it certainly sounds like a pull deep.

Hi !
I also have one of theese. It is a January 84 60/100 Export without EQ. It has reverb. I have done the loop test, ans as the lead master is working I assume it is a plain stock 2C.

My amp has a little less gain than my other amps, and the pots work very even all the way from 1 to 10.

Stian

Latest posts

Back