PRS Torero... is it worth looking into?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard great things about this guitar, as my buddy, who has been playing for close to 20 years owns one, and I also really love the import PRS quality; I have a SE Mike Mushok Baritone that I love.

Just came across this thread and thought I would throw in my two cents.

I picked up a red Torero at GC in Las Vegas last October for $650 used (couldn't tell) which is a total steal IMO. I have the 18v mod as well (not a big difference)

Next to my PRS Korina McCarty, the Torero is the favorite of all my guitars. It is just flat out fun to play. Great action, fast neck, great build quality for this price range and a lot of flexibility. Most consider the Torero a "metal" type guitar because of the FR and the EMGs, but I have found it can handle a wide range of styles.

Sounds quite different depending on the amp. The Torero seems to like my .50 Caliber and Blackstar best. JCM 2000 and Soldano, not as much.

It's interesting on the PRS forum site there are a lot of PRS "purists" that believe the Torero is a bit of an abortion and PRS "compromised" themselves by offering it.....total crap in my opinion.....great guitar.

I think the $1000 price tag for a Korean SE does scare some people off as well.

Latest posts

Back