Proud new Express owner... A few questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tacoguitar

Reaction score
Hello everybody, i have just purchased an Express 5:25 1x12 from the hollywood boogie store and am having the time of my life!
Being my very first tube amp i have a question.
When i am powering up the amp to play I have heard to let it on standby for about a minute before going at it, but i am not sure if i am doing just that. For example, if I want to put the amp on standby should I flick the standby switch to the right(on)? and leave the power switch to the left(off) and when I am ready to play flick the power switch to the right(on)? or viceversa?

Turn the power on with the standby off (so the lights come on but there's no sound). Wait about a minute and turn on the standby.

Enjoy your amp (I love my Express!) and welcome to the forum!

FWIW, the Express manual says...

Before the power is switched on, make sure the STANDBY switch is in the STANDBY position. Wait at least 30 seconds and then flip the STANDBY switch to its ON position. Following this simple warm up procedure helps in preventing tube problems and increase their toneful life substantially.

Latest posts

Back