Proud 3ch Triple Rectifier Owners

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azazelsmight

Reaction score
Let me know how you like this amp.
I had recently got one and havent had the best luck with it so far, but when things start picking up, I hope to have a blast with it.

i'm a proud 3 channel dual rectifier owner. love the huge low end i get out of it. and unlike a lot of people on the board, i've had it for over 5 years and still love the "recto" sound.

Ive had mine 4 or 5 years and love it to bits
although i did fall out with it last year and like an idiot nearly sold it but i did'nt. True story!

just take some time and have a fiddle with it all good things come to those that wait.

Try putting a boss ge7 in the effect loop aswell.

I've had mine for a little over 2 years and I am still falling in love with it after each show and practice that I use it. I have changed the tubes to JJ high gain preamp and 6L6's and also use the JJ GZ34's with the Rectifier setting switched on tubes. It took me over a year to completely dial in my settings, and I got good ones all the time, but Mesa's are the most intrinsic amps when it comes to dialing them in, and once you figure it out, you get some awesome tones. I've even got an awesome clean tone coming out of it, even while playing with EMG's!!! Just give it some time, and get adjusting your settings until you find something you like. Don't be afraid to add mids either. I've seen many people want to dime the bass and treble and cut the mids out of this amp completely and it really doesn't work. And I agree with Drunkfux on the eq, I use one occasionally depending on the guitar I am using to add some more color to it. I bought a $30 Danelectro Fish and Chips Eq pedal and it works very well, and I can't really tell a difference between it and my other guitarist's $90 Boss GE-7 that he has running through his Krank Rev 1 and Hughes and Kettner TriAmp.

I also play in a "hardcore"/metal band and might have some settings that you could start with depending on what you play. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

I checked out your myspace, pretty sweet stuff man. Check out my band, our myspace songs don't really give us justice now, we've become A LOT heavier, and more screaming vocals. http://www.myspace.com/asdarknessfadesmusic

-AJH

Nearly six years on mine, and I still love it. Of course, being a gearhead, I'm still tweaking it... ;)

My tubes should be here tomorrow or friday, so I'll let you guys know what i think of mine... FINALLY!

I love my triple, you need to work on your tone and figure out all the different values for each knob on different settings. Mesa seems to have traded in ease of control for versatility on these heads. I've had mine for about 4 years and I'm just now really understanding it. I have also learned that nothing really brings out the potential of your amp than good speakers and good pickups. Good Luck

the white horse said:
... nothing really brings out the potential of your amp than good speakers and good pickups. Good Luck

+1 That's why i'm shopping for good speakers...somebody got suggestions?

I have a love/hate relationship with mine. I am going to pair it with a markIV and LSC soon.

As with most amps I've owned, I don't get the full picture until I've used it playing with the band. Only IMO, of course.

+1 to the white horse also. Pickups and speakers are soooo critical, no matter what pre/power tubes you run.

I put in my new rec tubes, and WOW this thing is Great! I need to run it thorugh a better cab, but so far i am so satisfied with it. Great buy :)!!

drucifer said:
As with most amps I've owned, I don't get the full picture until I've used it playing with the band. Only IMO, of course.

absolutly +1000% i find this even with riffs i write

hey there... i usually lurk round these forums from time to time - i love reading all the bits and pieces on here... id thought id throw in my 2 cents... ive noticed an anti triple/pro dual feeling on this board... i love my triple 3ch!!! :D i play metal, it has the fattest, growling sound ive ever heard from an amp - and ive tried alot of different ones...

i had owned a dual 3ch before and had always found it not quite right... i love orange ch vintage and the dual to me seemed too thin, buzzy and lifeless compared to the triple...

i dont like reading when ppl say there's no difference between the dual and triple unless u need to play large stadiums - in regard to the 3ch version i have always heard a massive difference between the two at any volume... but its not just a case of "its louder therefore is better" - but the extra wattage changes the voicing of the amp making the triple imho - more aggressive...

also i can hear more of a change on the vacuum/silicon rec switch on the triple, whereas on the dual this switch to me made hardly any difference to the sound...

on tubes - i love the stock str 440 too... ive tried jj's and str 430's and found them both a bit too bassy and not as aggressive as the 440's - which i read are rebranded ruby 6l6's...

Back