Project i've been working on... give me your thoughts.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
This is the beginning of an old original i'm trying to 'redux' from scratch. Drums are Addictive Drums plugin played by me on my keyboard with the Bome's QWERTY Keyboard software then quantized in Acid Pro 7.0 and touched up of course. Guitars and bass are Guitar Rig 3. That's about it. I'm still not happy with the kick drum - especially in the verses. I think it's too loud, but i'm tired of working on it for tonight...

Let me hear good and bad please...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=793530

EDIT: It's the one titled "Nevermore -Take 1" and it's just an intro and verse clip...

the drums sounds like they are standing in another room. they could be more direct sounding, not so far away.

for the kickdrum, use two tracks. one for the low-end and the other for the kick-sound. i would turn down the kick a bit during the verse.

turn down the bassguitar a bit. set the EQ like: about 80Hz -2db or -3 db with a small Q (about .5), turn up a bit about 120 -125Hz with a small Q factor and maybe thin out about 250Hz and 500Hz a bit. push around 2000Hz or 2500Hz a bit.

for the kick drum EQ: i would push a bit about 80Hz with a small Q.

and as i wrote above, bring the drums more to the front, make them sound more "in your face".

at the end, listen to the guitars. it sounds like there is to much about 250Hz or something like that.
the overall sound is a bit muddy and there could be more top-end.

just my thoughts, but cool riff anyway!

Thanks, Joe! That's exactly the feedback I was looking for. I'll apply those ideas and repost soon...

And thanks Griz for your comment as well!

no problem, just check it out.
maybe you´ll have to tweak a bit with the frequenzes. everytime you´ll have to try it which is the best for each instrument in the mix.

not really familiar with addictive but it seems like the drums really stand out, i def agree with joe web that maybe if u eq them a bit and drop the volume on the bass drum a smidge itll fall in place more. Its really not a bad clip, i think you have a good base to start off with, its just post processing work now. probably if you eqd the bass drum and made it sound more rounder it wouldnt be as noticeable, cuz its mostly the roboticness of the track and the sharpness of the eq for the bass drum that makes it stand out. again im not really familiar with addicitve drums but if theres a way to humanize the drums id say try doing that. very good work 8) best of luck and i look foward to hearin the finish product :D

Latest posts

Back