Production of the 5:50 Express?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strat N My Stuff

Reaction score
As I understand it, Mesa builds amps by the batch, one model followed by another. I am waiting for the store where I tried a 5:25 to get in the 5:50, but they won't or can't tell me an anticipated date.
I have a store credit and perhaps I should add the $150.00 and pre-pay for it, maybe then I could get an answer???
Does anybody know if or when these are in production??? Thanks, Jeff

I dont know when for sure the batch of 5:50s will be out but I ran into the same problem of having store credit. Mine was at GC. I actually put down all the money in full for the 5:50 back on Feb. 10th. The clerk told me he would have it in, in a week. Needless to say a week or more went by and not a word. I spoke to the the clerk again and he had no clue so I spoke with mesa directly and they said what you had stated that they make them in batches. They couldnt tell me anything more. I waited another week or so and stopped by the GC and they were finally able to tell me an actual shipping date. April 30th. I couldnt believe it. Being new to boogies I had no clue that a wait of that long could be expected. I have since found out that some people wait up to 6 months or more for some specialty items. I decided to drop a bunch more money and get the rectoverb I really wanted instead. Glad I opened my wallet now.. I have been in the GC a few times since and not a word about the new express series.. So keep waiting and know that they take the time to get them right the first time. Im sure it will be worth the wait,,,good luck

We have 2 mesa dealers in my area. One h as the Express 5:25 and a 5:50.

The 5:50 was sent back....had HUGE crackling isues straigt out of the box. It happens, the clean side of the amp was nice

I just took back my 5:25 today to trade for a 5:50. :) For me, it's just a case of 6L6 vs EL84... But even though they originally ordered 5:25's and 5:50's at the same time, they have yet to see a 5:50 there.... But I'm not worried.. I'm sure it will come reasonably soon.

And just to add a plug here, Matt at Matt's Music http://www.mattsmusic.com/ couldn't be easier to deal with! I had the 5:25 for 5 weeks, and he STILL gave me full credit toward the 5:50! I've never seen better customer service!

The wait should be worth it for you! I've had my 5:50 for 6 weeks now and it is just starting to get broken in. A Beautiful sound and I couldn't be happier!

Richt

Back