(Probably dumb) Mark IV fuse question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seajay

Reaction score
I just blew a fuse in my my Mark IV. In the Mark IV manual it says to use a 3 amp slo-blo fuse but on the back of the amp it says to use a 4 amp fuse and the one in the amp is a 4 amp fuse. I bought the amp used so I don't know if this was the factory fuse or not.

So is the manual a misprint and I should stay with the 4 amp or should I use a 3 amp fuse?

your transformer max wattage should equal around 360watts .. 3x120= 360.. 3amp's times 120 volt's...

So 3amps is the fuse for you..

4 might be alittle high..

Try a 3 amp and if it blows you can always move up to a 4 amp. The 4 amp will still protect the wiring if there is a short circuit (tube malfunction, diode failure, etc.). Just don't do something stupid like putting aluminum foil in to replace the fuse until you buy a new fuse!!!! LOL

Thanks for the replies guys.

I spoke to Mesa today and the dude said to use a 4 amp fuse, but he didn't sound sure. I had already replaced the fuse with a 4 amp so I'm just going to stick with the 4 amp. The previous 4 amp fuse blew when a power tube failed so it seemed to do it's job.

Latest posts

Back