Pricing?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2.MVM.BB Medium Head (Width 22 7 /8 ").............................................1999.00 USD
1.MV1.BB.CO 1x12 Combo • C90 Speaker • Casters........................................2099.00 USD

and 2500 euros in Europe

what big price increase? mesa is not raising prices february 1. they are keeping them the same. such renegades. :mrgreen:

Or, are you just talking about the currency exchange? Now would be a poor time to invest in Mesa and import them. Pound is not worth as much as it used to be.

I've always wondered about the head size of the Mark series. What's the difference between a long head and medium head?

In this case, I see one is a combo, but will there be a difference from the head?

yeah, but that's not exactly how it works. You COULD buy it cheaper in the US but you would have to pay a hell of a tax in the EU borders. That's why people in the EU don't order from the US (except Ebay of course).
Actually, there are some tricks (shipping as gift, or having the store write a smaller actual price) but it's not guaranteed that it'll work

In Canada the pricing at Long & Mcquade is:
MK V Medium Head (Width 22 7 /8 ")........................................2625.00 CDN
MK V 1x12 Combo • C90 Speaker • Casters.................................2750.00 CDN

steeldragonjovi said:
I've always wondered about the head size of the Mark series. What's the difference between a long head and medium head? In this case, I see one is a combo, but will there be a difference from the head?
There are no "long heads" in the Mark series, just medium & short, and from what I gather when it comes to the Mark V both combo's and heads will be medium, no more shorts.

joshwilson3 said:
I do think that $2,000 USD is a very good price. As considering say a SLO100 is $3,740.00. Hell even the plain jain Marshall 2203 reissue is $2,199.99.

What is the quality of current Mesa's compared to the 80's? I know people say the parts Marshall currenty uses are junk and the last good amps they made were in the late 70's early 80's which is why you find alot of boutique amp builders building Marshall's with good parts.

I've got a Mesa amp from the '80's, '90's & 2000's. They all seem to be built with the same quality in mind.

I agree that the pricing on these MKV's is very reasonable. I've paid more than that for a boutique amp or two from other companies, with fewer features than these babies have.

MeZadude 8)

hey my new mark v will have a five year warranty and I will know within the first two weeks if it's gonna crap out. I plan on putting it through a rigorous stress test. :twisted: :lol:

Hi,

I'm from the Netherlands (Europe duh) and $ 2.000,00 is for us over here a bargain.... (approx. € 1.400,00)
Unfortunately adding importtaxes (about 19%) and putting in a 220V tranny will make the price around $ 2600,00..... (€ 1.800,00)

In stores they expect the price will be around € 2.900,00 for the head...that's about $ 3.600,00

Anyone heard about the tranny inside the MarkV? Will there also be an export model, so the voltage can be easily changed from 110V to 220V? Then I would consider a trip to the States and pick one up myself...

Latest posts

Back