Prices on used MK4s still real or getting unreal?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jukesgtr

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IV-Head-w-matching-1x12-cab-WALNUT-amp_W0QQitemZ7388282214QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The starting price of that used rig at $2400 made me to think if Mark 4 prices are any more real or are they getting too high...you could get three or four Deluxe Reverbs at that starting price and I only paid $750 for a used Mark 4 combo + wide Mesa cab a few months ago. Perhaps I should not point this out but the price someone asks seem to be outrageous and not any longer helping most of us in getting into those great amps...any comments?

Don't mind that. It's Guitar Center. Any seller starting with "GCRep" will be overpriced, mis-described, and in poor condition.

Wood/wicker definitely adds value, but not nearly that much, IMO.

nocluejimbo said:
Don't mind that. It's Guitar Center. Any seller starting with "GCRep" will be overpriced, mis-described, and in poor condition.

Wood/wicker definitely adds value, but not nearly that much, IMO.

Tks Jimbo for your feedback, we are on the same track...

jukesgtr said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IV-Head-w-matching-1x12-cab-WALNUT-amp_W0QQitemZ7388282214QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The starting price of that used rig at $2400 made me to think if Mark 4 prices are any more real or are they getting too high...you could get three or four Deluxe Reverbs at that starting price and I only paid $750 for a used Mark 4 combo + wide Mesa cab a few months ago. Perhaps I should not point this out but the price someone asks seem to be outrageous and not any longer helping most of us in getting into those great amps...any comments?

jukes, if you can dig up 4 DR's...Bf or SF...for $2400, I will buy them all.
I am talking about real DR's...not DRRI's.
I agree with NoClue's observations. The GCRep listings don't get much notice from me.

Hi,

I watch eBay some and the prices for Mark IV's is still pretty stable. They have been going for $900 to $1300, depending on condition, year model, etc. This seems to be the same prices they were going for before Christmas. I would expect them to go up some, with the recent price hike on new ones.

TW

Wally said:
jukesgtr said:

jukes, if you can dig up 4 DR's...Bf or SF...for $2400, I will buy them all.
I am talking about real DR's...not DRRI's.
I agree with NoClue's observations. The GCRep listings don't get much notice from me.

Hey Wally, I was OF COURSE talking about re-issues...

twally said:
Hi,

I watch eBay some and the prices for Mark IV's is still pretty stable. They have been going for $900 to $1300, depending on condition, year model, etc. This seems to be the same prices they were going for before Christmas. I would expect them to go up some, with the recent price hike on new ones.

TW

twally, good input. That about $2.5K is simply hard for me to swallow but I am not bidding on it, let's see what happens in that auction, no bids so far...

I would expect that hardwood cab/cane grill to bring a bit more than $1300, right?

i hate those GC ads on ebay.... they already have a store.... i guess it just rubs me the wrong way when you know they took something like a recto in for 600 bucks and turn it around as soon as they can for 1300 without even checking if the tubes are still fully functioning. :x

If you pay 2400 dollars they will take a picture of you for the customer of the year :D while on the backstage of the shop the sales manager will be laughing and shaking the hands :D
Every time you get on guitar center they will receive you with the red carpet like madonna on grammys

So, what, maybe $1500-$1800 is market? I sold a MKIV with 2-1X12 cabs many years ago for $1000, I think....regular tolex items.

UPDATE: Bidding has ended for this item without bids

i kind of was expecting that, LOL!

Bought my MKIV combo w/ EV recently at a shop used in exc cond for a grand. Going price seems to be 950 - 1300 or so around here.

Latest posts

Back