Price Check on a Tremoverb Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jman7272

Reaction score
What is the going rate for a '98-'99 Tremoverb Head in excellent condition with stock Mesa tubes?

Excellent condition = no scrapes or rips anywhere on the head. Everything is in fully functional condition, no scratchy pots, etc...

S/N is 12xxx and it comes with the head itself and removable power cable. No cover or channel switcher.

Just taking the temperature as I hunt.

Thanks!

I'll second the Commander. I saw a perfect condition one without footswitch, box or anything go for $900 and one that was all scratched up for $1200. I missed the boat on the $900 one because I believe 100 watts is too much for a bedroom amp. But it was still a great deal in my opinion.

Best of luck with your search!

Rob

I got a great deal last spring...

DR TOV head ('95-'96) in excellent condition + 212 rectifier cab + Hotplate attenuator + two 12 guage speaker cables for $1250 + shipping.
The TOV had just been gone over at Mesa about six months earlier w/ $250 bucks worth of new tubes and electronic bits (he sent me the receipt). No footswitch, but I got a four button one from Voodoo Man on ebay.
Now, that deal would be hard to repeat, but I would say try to get one for around $1,100.

I paid $1100 for mine two months ago on an ebay auction. SN #5xxx it was in surprisingly good cosmetic shape, but it had to go into Mesa to have some LDRs replaced and the reverb tank fixed. I also had it re-tubed. Now it's the best amp I own. Absolutely love it. So much more musical than my three channel dual rec.

Supertgtr said:
I paid $1100 for mine two months ago on an ebay auction. SN #5xxx it was in surprisingly good cosmetic shape, but it had to go into Mesa to have some LDRs replaced and the reverb tank fixed. I also had it re-tubed. Now it's the best amp I own. Absolutely love it. So much more musical than my three channel dual rec.

Man, I just scored one on a rare find private sale. It was truly a story of a collector having one not played sitting is his studio among 3 trillion other unplayed amps. This thing is completely spotless, came with all 4 channel switches, 4 cables, the original hang tags and paperwork, slip cover and didn't have a spot on it. The serial number is R-017xxx!!!

I called Mesa and it was manufactured in May of 2001 which was the last production run of Tremoverbs!

I am happy to have it and sit on this one for my 2 year old son who will one day be very grateful that dear ole' dad had the foresight to spot and sit on a classic Mesa amp for him... :)

In the mean time, I will have the awful chore of keeping it warm for him on top of my stiletto 4x12 cab. ;)

i have one that I'm thinking of selling. I had no idea they were that sought after. WOW!

So they were on Aisle 7... I knew it! Man I got to get that guys address! Sorry...for stealing AJ's joke. Just struck me as funny when I read his post.

Congrats man! Always good to find the mint amp for a good price.

Latest posts

Back