Prefered Series 7025 12AX7 (The Tube Store)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never tried it. Of course they are going to recommend it, thats how they get you to buy it. Best thing to do is buy one and try it or get a friend to buy one and try it. If you dont like it, sell it. If you do, keep it.

ElectricTurkey4369 said:
Anyone try this tube? How is it?
They seem to recommend it...
I retubed my Matchless HC 30 and used these from the tube store. They're excellent tubes and a little spendy.

I was just going to ask about this. I am back on the tube habit, and was really considering getting a couple of these to try. Would love to hear some more opinions on them first though.

I've had my Mk 4 for a few years now, I think Boogie stopped manufacturing them shortly after I purchased it. I had tube trouble with it right from the start. I was forever swapping out tubes and the sound was really inconsistent, good one day, fizzy and thin the next. I had read that the reverb on this amp was mediocre so I wasn't to concerned with how weak it sounded. I did my fair share of reading on this board and finally ordered the Premium Package from The Tube Store. What a difference. My Mk 4 finally sounds like it was meant to. It has a huge, organic sound and the reverb is 1000% better than it was with the Mesa tubes. Tone is a pretty subjective thing, but in my opinion this tube set (=C= 6L6GCs and the 7025s) are superior to the stock Mesa tubes.

Latest posts

Back