Power indicator bulb anyone?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad79

Reaction score
Just noticed that my power light isn't working anymore. Anyone know of an easy way to pull the bulb and what kind of bulb it needs?

if its just the light on the front it should simply unscrew those things are nearly universal and any amp shop or even guitar center should have replacements in lots of different colors.I changed mine to purple on my roadster.

Unscrew the colored cover and you can see the bulb. Push it in gently and turn counterclockwise with the tip of your finger. It's a bayonet fitting and will spring out after about 1/10th of a turn.

You can replace it with another 6V bulb of the same size, or if you have any spare miniature bulbs the same size from your car kit (they're often used for interior or dash lamps), you can use one of those. They're 12V not 6, so they will run a little dimmer, though not much actually, and last much longer.

94Tremoverb said:
Unscrew the colored cover and you can see the bulb. Push it in gently and turn counterclockwise with the tip of your finger. It's a bayonet fitting and will spring out after about 1/10th of a turn.

You can replace it with another 6V bulb of the same size, or if you have any spare miniature bulbs the same size from your car kit (they're often used for interior or dash lamps), you can use one of those. They're 12V not 6, so they will run a little dimmer, though not much actually, and last much longer.

Go to Radio Shack. It is a bulb type #47. you can get 2 for $1.79 http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102799

and yeah, getting them out can be a little fun. i've found that a latex glove or finger cot helps give your fingertip the traction it needs to push and turn those lil buggers in/out.

Back