Power conditioner and tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sroyboyk

Reaction score
I just got a Furman pl-plus series 2 and I swear that the tone of my triple rec through my traditional 4x12 has changed for the better. I don't know, is this possible or is it all in my head?

Mine did the same thing and I have a low low end Furman! I thought I was craazy but apparently I'm gonna be just fine! :shock: :D

it is possible. the power conditioner is regulating the flow of electricity to your amp, so you are getting a more consistent voltage flow. The amp produces at max potential more consistently.

Yea a power conditioner definately tightened up the low end on my RK a lot

Well that's enough for me plus the protection factor to warrant getting a power conditioner.

Ciao ...

sroyboyk said:
I just got a Furman pl-plus series 2 and I swear that the tone of my triple rec through my traditional 4x12 has changed for the better. I don't know, is this possible or is it all in my head?

Do some recordings with and without it, determine whether htere is any difference.

oyster said:
sroyboyk said:

Do some recordings with and without it, determine whether htere is any difference.

Good call. It definitily can help, might not be a big change. Won't hurt it thats for sure. It also could just be your imagination telling you you have better tone because of it, who knows?

It is a great investment irrespective of what your ears say. It cannot, by design hurt your tone, in fact, by design, it can keep your tone more consistent therefore you can dial in a better tone.

I'm of the opinion that if you think it works, enjoy it working and don't question it.

if it is a power conditioner it can be either a filter to filter noise or a regulator to feed your amp more stable current.... if it was a filter, youd have less hum... but if it is a regulator you might have better stronger power feeding your amp causing it to run the right way. both types of units have LEDs or numbers on the front telling you the incoming voltage, so unless you let us know which unit you have exactly its hard to say if you really are crazy or not :D

I'm sure he is just using a regular power conditioner with just filtering... as voltage regulators cost 5x as much.

I use both a power conditioner (Furman PF Pro) and a voltage regulator (Furman AR-1215) and yes they have made a dramatic improvement in the sound of all my amps. The AC power in my house is VERY dirty (saws, drills, electric motors, crackling, pops, etc.) and in addition to that there's a 190,000 watt FM broadcast tower less then two blocks from my house that bleeds through just about everything (**** moldy oldies) all of which really screwed up the sound off my amps. I started with the PF Pro which cleaned up all the AC noise really well and added more low end punch, but with the led voltage readout on the front it also made me aware that the voltage was VERY inconsistant so I added the AR-1215. Now I have really nice, consistant sound out of all my amps with no more AC line noise and no more moldy oldies, plenty of current and a very stable 120 volts. In my case these two units are worth every penny they cost.

how did you hook the power conditioner to the voltage reg.? In what order is what im asking :?:

prs_cky said:
how did you hook the power conditioner to the voltage reg.? In what order is what im asking :?:
The Furman Power Factor Pro owners manual clearly states that the power conditioner MUST plug directly into the wall outlet (first in line) and then the voltage regulator plugs into it, and then all the equipment then plugs into the voltage regulator.

Latest posts

Back