Post your DC Rigs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea i missplaced them during on of my tear downs. I was gonna get around to ordering them until the hum days started:)

Here's my junk:

IMG_1962.jpg

IMG_1963.jpg

The Marshall and the DC-5 make a nice team...

Here's mine. .50 Caliber + and halfback 2 x 12" with JBL k120 (open) and EVM12L (ported)...

DSCN0593.jpg

My DC-3 rig. That's a prototype Fender open back 2x12 cab. I don't think they ever actually put the cab on the market - but it sounds really good.

Gear.jpg

You know I can't find a sound I don't like on this amp. Is it even possible to find a bad sound? I plan on putting new tolex on it sometime in the near future since there are quite a few rips, tears and it is peeling off in places. Thinking of doing the burgundy snakeskin for something completely different from the green taurus it has on it now.

Here's my DC-5 with both the 2x12 Vertical Recto and a 1x12 cab made from an old Crate 210 combo cab.
P4050033.jpg

P4050037.jpg

Sixstringpsycho said:
Gratz on your first boogie you'll love it. It looks good too

Thnx! It's as good as new and could only test it for a few minutes, but the sound was promising. I also own a Palmer Model Three head, this is a german made amp who's makers had Mesa in the back of their mind when they made the amp. I will post a picture of my entire setup soon.

Ok, tested it at home for a few hours, at not so high levels (couldnt stop playing :) ). The clean is amazing, really. Sounds very full, round and organic. The crunchchannel is very suitable for my current style (Black Crowes/ZZTop). With the gain a little before 4 I could get a nice crunch sound with lots of harmonics. I also had an amp (ATT Little Willie, 15 watt one channel with el84) and the harmonics are just through the roof with these power tubes. I also like 6550 power tubes in my Palmer (punch!) dont like 6l6 much.

I have some samples using a solid stat fender and the little willie over here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Sufferd666?feature=mhw5 hope to post some mesa samples soon!

Okay, reposting this since I just replaced the tolex on this beast....

PICT0003.jpg

Need to make some leather corners and find the right handle to replace that too.

PICT0006.jpg

Tout said:
Okay, reposting this since I just replaced the tolex on this beast....

PICT0003.jpg

Need to make some leather corners and find the right handle to replace that too.

PICT0006.jpg

oh nice. It looks really sick I love it. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back