Post your best Marshallesque settings from Channel 2.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too am interested in this...

I would love to find a good Plexi-esque setting for CH2 but I cant seem to find one. I am using 6L6's and I dont want to change to EL34's yet.

Any ideas?

I´m sure it lies in 10w / 45w (tubes) ch2 EDGE or MARK I set in normal, probably GEQ and PRESET off, VARIAC POWER and loop bypassed..Using a Strato or any guitar with single coil would help to achieve that sound, oh and nothing in front of the amp! - LESS = BETTER

I felt like I got close with Mark I, bass 0, mid 9, treble 3 and then used the GEQ with bass sliders way down low and treble up pretty high sorta like a slant / - you can check the settings thread for a pic. I also got something out of Crunch that was kinda getting in the neighborhood by really cranking the mids to like 3 oclock. I was comparing this to a TSL which is probably considered more of a modern Marshall versus a plexi or whatever. Dunno. I am sure others know more about it than I do. The problem is that the 6L6s just don't break up like the EL34s. When I switched to ELs, channel 2 really sounded great, but didn't like channel 1 after that.

Oh, and as rika said above, try 10 watt mode, it helps channel 2 break up a little easier at lower volumes.

yeah, I forgot to say that its very important to use EL34 to get close..6L6 are not going to do the job right

Back