Post removed.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Koprofag said:
has the Matamp become a very expensive pick holder to me? Because all the tones I like are found in the Mesa (especially the cleans), and for that thick sludgy fuzz distortion I'll use the pedal anyway as it sounds way better than a cranked Matamp. And since it has to be used on a CLEAN amp, that amp can be ANY amp and a Matamp is therefor an extremely pointless and expensive choice "just to look cool".

I think this is your answer. Stick with your Mark III and base any tone changes, pedals, or cab decisions around IT.

JP

You don't mention the brand of 4 X 12" cab, the speakers in it or if the speakers have been broken in or not. In any case, it should sound a lot bigger than a Thiele cab. I have has several Thiele cabs, both 12" and 15" EVM equipped and Marshall and Hiwatt 4 speaker cabs. The 4 X 12" cab should sound a lot bigger, note necessarily louder, depending on speakers but certainly bigger. Something must be wrong. Check that all the speaker connections are good and that you have the correct ohm match up. Everything else sounds plausible.

Latest posts

Back