Post removed.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an idea to really make you head spin... try a DC50 or 100. It's the ******* chil of the Rectos and Mark series. It's like having a DR with a graphic EQ. :D

I get a pretty good Lamb Of God tone with my dual recto. It doesn't nail it perfectly but it's pretty **** close. Actually closer to their live sound on the Killadelphia DVD. I use an OD pedal in front for a clean boost and that really helps. I'm at work but I'll post my settings later when I get home.

Just to let you know As The Palaces Burn was recorded with a mix of Mark IV and Framus Cobra so that exact 11th Hour tone may be a little hard to nail.

im glad to know that we base good mesa tone on a band of such caliber (LAMB OF GOD)
im being sarcastic ya know

goneloco said:
im glad to know that we base good mesa tone on a band of such caliber (LAMB OF GOD)
im being sarcastic ya know

Someone searching for a high gain tone out of a high gain amp.....imagine that. :roll:

man im heading out the door right now-going down to the record store and buying all the lamb of god(80's recycled thrash)i can get,now that i have a clear picture on what tone is................

Never heard Lamb of God, so I just went to their web site and listened to 4 out of the 5 cuts in the audio downloads section there (the last link didn't work). I certainly don't want to offend any fans, but on three of the cuts, all I heard was essentially the same tune under three different names, with repetitive heavy drums and random guitar riffs, and what sounded like animals being tortured. The tune 5.1magics was a little different, though not creatively so, but at least no animals were injured on that one. :)

Does all of their material sound like this? :shock: I know, I'm a 40-yr old fart, and to each their own. And yes, I do like some heavy stuff like Alice In Chains, Metallica, and Zakk Wylde. Hey, at least I went and listened. To be fair, I'll also admit I'm a long-time Grateful Dead fan, so you guys can go ahead and make fun of me for that. The Dead were actually Mesa endorsers back in the day, so at least we all have that in common. 8)

MKIV vs Recto

Simple! Decide what kind of bottom end you want. Also consider the midrange qualities of the MKIV.

Its not hard to get heavy sounds out of a MKIV but it wont do that Recto low end thing. The MKIV also gets better sing and is a smoother more fluid lead voice. IMO!

The best thing I think the Recto does is the heavy power chord Chunka Chunka type sounds. I'm not saying the recto isnt capable of other sounds but I just liked the MKIV better.

goneloco said:
man im heading out the door right now-going down to the record store and buying all the lamb of god(80's recycled thrash)i can get,now that i have a clear picture on what tone is................

Man, I'm going to come on a message board and act like a complete dick because I'm so insecure about othe people having different opinions than me. Grow up already. :roll:

Gordman said:
Never heard Lamb of God, so I just went to their web site and listened to 4 out of the 5 cuts in the audio downloads section there (the last link didn't work). I certainly don't want to offend any fans, but on three of the cuts, all I heard was essentially the same tune under three different names, with repetitive heavy drums and random guitar riffs, and what sounded like animals being tortured. The tune 5.1magics was a little different, though not creatively so, but at least no animals were injured on that one. :)

Does all of their material sound like this? :shock: I know, I'm a 40-yr old fart, and to each their own. And yes, I do like some heavy stuff like Alice In Chains, Metallica, and Zakk Wylde. Hey, at least I went and listened. To be fair, I'll also admit I'm a long-time Grateful Dead fan, so you guys can go ahead and make fun of me for that. The Dead were actually Mesa endorsers back in the day, so at least we all have that in common. 8)

No problem, everyone has different tastes. I'm not the kind of person that thinks their opinion is the only one that matters as seen above. Keep in mind the tracks you listened to are rough demo tracks recorded in a rehersal space. Their released material sounds much better.

Kopro, here are my settings....

On both of these settings the loop is completely bypassed. I'm using a Les Paul Standard(drop D) through a Mesa traditional straight 4x12. I'm also using a MXR ZW44 OD as a clean boost with these settings...Output-2:30/Tone-11:00/Gain-0.

Channel 3
bold setting/diode rectifier
modern setting
Pres - 1:00
Master - 9:00
Gain - 1:30
Bass - 11:30
Mid - 2:30
Treb - 12:30

Or another option...

Channel 2
bold setting/diode rectifier
vintage setting
Pres - 3:00
Master - 9:00
Gain - 2:00
Bass - 10:00
Mid - 2:30
Treb - 2:00

I'm running JJ 6L6's and JJ ecc83s in V2-V5 and a JJ ecc803s in V1. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back