Post removed.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2518X head from 6/89 and mind is a blue stripe Mark III. My stripe looks like a slightly faded blue.

I have 24xxx, chassis is dated 2/94, blue stripe, 60w, originally came in new-school cabinet (leather corners, newschool vinyl) so I don't have any idea what the deal is. Towards the end it seems like they were making more IVs than IIIs.

From what I have gathered so far in my MKIII-education, the tell-tale sign is open up the chassis and look at the outer power tubes. Is there a resistor between pins 3 and 4? If yes, you have a green stripe; if no resistor you have a blue. The green stripe was the only MkIII where the outer pair of tubes are wired in pentode; all previous Simul IIIs have the outer pair wired in triode ...no resistor.

FWIW, my Green Stripe Simul head (with G-EQ no reverb) is dated 8/89. The stripe indeed looks teal despite the seller representing it as "blue" ...then claimed colorblindness!! No biggie now as it sounds awesome! Hope this helps you. :)

Edward

Here is a gut shot of my Mark III blue stripe. You can see the power tubes do not have a resistor between pins 3 and 4. If you look carefully enough you can see the R2 mod and what looks like a changed lead master pot.

MarkIIIguts001.jpg

Koprofag said:
psychodave said:
I have 258XX head from 6/89 and mind is a blue stripe Mark III. My stripe looks like a slightly faded blue.

That's weird. It tells me they made (at least) 700 amps during month 5 and 6 -89, but the 251xx I saw in the registry was a green stripe and 700 amps "older" than yours.

Why would they build a blue after a green?

Did customers have the option to choose stripe? I know they were given the option to choose between IIC+ and III dot.

Is it a question of different production steps? Like, build it in month 4, check and sign in month 6?

Thanks for the info. It looks even more random now. :lol:

I edited my post. The SN is 2518X. Sorry for the typo... :oops:

Umm psychodave, the blue stripe HAS the resistor between 3 and 4, that makes it triode. the green stripe has the resistor connected that way. so either you have a modded power section, or a green stripe

Latest posts

Back