Post pics of your Mark series amps!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herbie the Rad Dorklift

Reaction score
DSC02749.jpg

DSC02751.jpg

Post away!

Here's mine!
stacks.jpg

L: '82 Mk IIb 60 watt, on top of a newer open-back Mesa C-90 loaded 1-12" cab (I think it might actually be an F-series cab)
R: '85 Mk III "no-stripe" Simulclass on top of a Marshall 1960AV 4-12" cab w/ v30's

Please ignore the messy garage! ;)

Here's my MarkIV with my JCM800 standing guard. No pics of my MIII atm....

NewSpkrsnM4small.jpg

oh... and for fun here's a work in progress LP and the JCM's cab...
IMG_0898.jpg

Red stripe with the R2 mod
markhead.jpg

with it's latest partner a 6505+ I just recently scored for cheap that suprisingly I'm really liking alot.
DSCN1787.jpg

kmanick said:
with it's latest partner a 6505+ I just recently scored for cheap that suprisingly I'm really liking alot.
How would you compare the clean channels on the two? I've heard that the 5150/6505 cleans are terrible, but just don't know what to compare to.

ketiov said:
kmanick said:
How would you compare the clean channels on the two? I've heard that the 5150/6505 cleans are terrible, but just don't know what to compare to.

the 6505+ clean is better than the 5150/65605 clean, but it doesn't touch the clean on my Mark III. That being said it's a usable clean, I wouldn't use it for my jazz or folk amp but in a metal/rock scenario it would be fine.
But then again you don't buy a 6505 for the clean now do you? :lol:
the lead channel on this amp is pretty freaking sweet (especially with my MXR 10 band EQ in the loop)
I've got all the fizz dialed out, it sounds great.

'85 Mark IIC+ export model w/ Simul-Class, EQ, Reverb and EV-12L speaker. Cabs made by GTS on the forums.

DSC_6357.jpg

Nuthin' fancy; Mark-III Greenie Simul-class, MC-90 in the combo, EVM in the Thiele.
DSC01674.jpg

Latest posts

Back