possible with stiletto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emo killer

Reaction score
hey guys i have a stiletto deuce stage 1 and i was wondering if there was anyway i could get a pretty much identical slash tone out of it. I love slashs tone and i want that same ballsy lead sound. At the moment i have two peavey windsor cabs which im trying to get rid of for marshalls but anyway im playing my les paul standard through the stiletto, do you guys have any suggestions on settings or anything like that, thx.

Get a Marshall 4x12 (or maybe a Stilleto cab) with some good Celestions and use Tite Gain... that should get you there.

I had a Slash signature 412 straight cab with vintage 30's in it that i sold about a month ago. One of the best cabs I've ever played

im assuming your playing a LP already right? find out what pickups he uses because i played the epiphone slash model through a VHT at GC and i was pretty much there with a few tweaks of the amp. i find his tone more centered around his guitar and pups then a particular amp. thats not to say a marshall wont do it better than a recto or 5150, but it all starts at the guitar

its useless to answer in this thread anymore. this guy traded me his Stiletto for my DSL100. he found the tone that he was looking for. and im in tone heaven.

If you know how to play slash songs and can cop h is style then any EL84 amp will get you close to Slash's tone.

If you listen to his tone he has a LOT of treble in there.

If you can't cop Slash tone with a Stiletto and a Les Paul there is something wrong with you.

jdurso said:
im assuming your playing a LP already right? find out what pickups he uses because i played the epiphone slash model through a VHT at GC and i was pretty much there with a few tweaks of the amp. i find his tone more centered around his guitar and pups then a particular amp. thats not to say a marshall wont do it better than a recto or 5150, but it all starts at the guitar

Slash uses Seymour Duncan Alnico ll Pro humbuckers in his guitars.

Latest posts

Back