Popping Noise from my Triple...Nothing about the footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdstull

Reaction score
When I turn on my Triple Rec I am getting a popping noise through the speakers. It pops like every 3-5 seconds and sometimes just keeps popping. It doesnt matter if I change channels either, IT STILL DOES IT. It is the 3-channel model. I am not sure why it is doing it. I have it plugged in to a Monster Cable Pro 800 power conditioner and have never had a problem before. I also tried plugging directly into the wall and the problem was still there...All of the tubes look fine (i.e. no arcing). Could it be that my house has "dirty" power. It never did this when I had it at my friends house (where my band typically practices)...ANY help would be greatly appreciated...

I live in a very old house with dirty power and I will get a generalized popping coming through the speakers of my Dual Recto if I dont use my Monster Cable power strip. The other thing I think you should try is lightly tapping on the tubes while the amp is on, and if the popping increases, you have found your tube.

I just changed out a V2 preamp tube mid-practice because I kept getting a small popping noise. And since you a running a power conditioner, I would suspect one of your tubes is kind of tripping on itself. Good luck.

Back