Poor packaging = Sad Lance

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lookslikemeband

Reaction score
I bought a M/B Mark IV rackmount.... When UPS delivered it, I was soooo excited.....

Until I opened it up. It was packed in thin cardboard, with no "shock protection", no bubble wrap, just a piece of foam on top of the exposed tubes.....

And this is what I got:

:shock:

189716085_l.jpg

189715387_l.jpg

EVERY tube was smashed.... with glass all over the place.... the rack rails are BENT (how could THAT happen???)

Now.... I have to wait for UPS to come inspect it and determine liability for my insurance claim.... (and of course the seller claims it was properly packed)

What a bummer.....

Good thing I always keep my digital camera ready for these things.... But I WANT MY MARK IV!!!!! :(

Anyone else ever go through this????????

Ouch! :(

Did you buy it off ebay?

Something similar happened to me, but a bit worse.

I bought it from a company who had advertised it on Ebay ...

It WAS in pristine condition.... I got all the pics and everything..... But shipping just about killed this awesome amp...

James: how could it be worse? :wink:

So it was like a music shop selling on ebay?

And to make a long story short about mine being worse, it was a 50 Caliber + head I bought off ebay, and it was COMPLETELY crushed, the cabinet, the chassis, everything :(

Though some parts were ok like the transformers and stuff, but I didn't bother saving them.

You do not get the UPS insurance money, the seller (shipper) does. The shipper is the who PAYS for the insurance, not you, even though you may have been charged for it by the seller!

The seller should refund your money, and take the busted amp back.

It was poorly packaged, and it's very unlikely that UPS will pay the claim.

Your supposed to take the tubes out and individually rap them before shipping.

Latest posts

Back