Ponder this for the Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackieTHEjokeman

Reaction score
I've owned the DR Roadster for about 3 months now and love it to death. I had to sell my Mark IV to get it. Anyway, how cool would it be if they made a Mark V that was along the lines of the Roadster/King? 4 Channels covering the best of each Mark series. Santana sounds, IIC+ sounds, Metallica, and everything the Mark dynasty is known for all in one amp. That would be the greatest thing ever......ahh meeee. I'm just fantasizing. Thanks for listening.

If Mesa built that amp, which is totally possible, they would sell like mad and no one would ever need another Mesa or another amp period. The whole amp economy would crash.

But really, it is totally possible. If you just look at the RK I and II, they just need another gainstage off the Fender tone stacks and a Graphic EQ put somewhere. It cant get much bigger than the Diezel VH-4. That **** chassis was 6 inches high.

Ha! Yeah, I guess the whole amp economy would come to a halt. Mesa would have to stop production of all their other amps to keep up with the demand for the Mark V. If there is a Mesa representative reading this...DO IT!!

Why not just make the Road King Mark V? You could incorporate everything. I think that this would be great so long as you could keep everything that you could analog. Old technology sounds better. So what if the head is double high and weighs a ton. It would be nice to have a single amp that got it all.

As far as the Triaxis goes, I am still not happy with a preamp and power amp combination in a rack. No matter what you do to me it still sounds synthetic. I am far from an all tube elitist but I do believe that amps sound best in their truest forms (a chassis outside of a rack beit a head or combo though I prefer heads). I just feel that through the use of a preamp and power amp setup you lose something somewhere and some synthetic feel is added that you cannot necessarily dial out. I have personally owned and tried many setups but never quite got the organic tone I was searching for until I packed up the rack and plugged back in straight.

i would get one...i don't know about the progressive linkage...just an amp with 4 very nice mk tone's...dual fx loop....and a cup holder...4 different para-EQ ( so no sharing bass and mid..)

SOUNDS GOOD!!

I prefer just finding the Mesa I like and just having that. I have my Mesa Mark IIc+ combo and my Mesa F-50 combo, and I wouldn't trade them for any Mesa.

Even though, I am going to probably end up getting a Mark IV head for gigging because gigging with combos isn't very fun(Also, I would never take my IIc+ to play at a bar!) After I get a Mark IV, or unless a new amp comes out, that would be it for my Mesas, I would have enough.

But.....I haven't got the chance to play the new Stilettos yet so maybe I'll add that too!

Uh oh...

How about a refrigerated cup holder so your cup full of suds stays nice and cold?

Better yet, it has arms sticking our that have massaging hands for your neck and shoulders...

Oh, then it has a remote toggle on the footswitch that telescopes the cup holder to bring your cup closer so you don't have to turn around to take a drink or miss a note. Just put a straw in it...

shouldn't mark V be in the modern era amp section? :D

Regarding stopping production on amps, there was talk awhile back that there would be no more rectos (other than the roadster/roadking) after 2007 and that Randall currently has a Mark V proto.

mJ

Russ said:
Uh oh...

How about a refrigerated cup holder so your cup full of suds stays nice and cold?

Better yet, it has arms sticking our that have massaging hands for your neck and shoulders...

Oh, then it has a remote toggle on the footswitch that telescopes the cup holder to bring your cup closer so you don't have to turn around to take a drink or miss a note. Just put a straw in it...

That is already an option in the Mesa catalog. It's in the accessories section under Mesa beer helmet !!!

A wireless footswitch is a bitchin' idea though.

Boogiebabies said:
Russ said:
Uh oh...

That is already an option in the Mesa catalog. It's in the accessories section under Mesa beer helmet !!!

some of the other accessories

maybe randal could start making mesa boogie beer...it would be expenive in the US and 3 times as much overseas...hand made by at first just randal then he employ's a friend's help ( mike beeradetti) who is now KEEPER OF THE BREW!! in the mid 80's randal came across the altimate mix of hop's and water to make the beer IIC+..now case's of the stuff sell for 5 time's there orignal price...the taste was prefect...not at all grainy or weak, just smooth and sweet...plp still go back to mike to get there other mesa beer's made to the IIc+ spec's...AND there is a mesa boogie beer forum...you could ask all sort's of question's..like wat nut's complement the beer IIc+... how do you change the mesa glass to better glass and so on...IT WOULD BE WONDERFUL

funny,,,Tom

if they can't do a wireless footswitch, they should make it use a cat5/ethernet cable like line6 used on their old floorboard thing. that way if it breaks you don't have to special order a $50 proprietary cable from the factory, you can just pick one up at walmart. i'm not sure cat5 would work with an entirely analog amp though

Yeah a typical 9 pin connection would more than suffice as if it were on midi cabling that way you could just buy a standard midi cable.

Shep said:
Boogiebabies said:
Russ said:
Uh oh...

some of the other accessories

maybe randal could start making mesa boogie beer...it would be expenive in the US and 3 times as much overseas...hand made by at first just randal then he employ's a friend's help ( mike beeradetti) who is now KEEPER OF THE BREW!! in the mid 80's randal came across the altimate mix of hop's and water to make the beer IIC+..now case's of the stuff sell for 5 time's there orignal price...the taste was prefect...not at all grainy or weak, just smooth and sweet...plp still go back to mike to get there other mesa beer's made to the IIc+ spec's...AND there is a mesa boogie beer forum...you could ask all sort's of question's..like wat nut's complement the beer IIc+... how do you change the mesa glass to better glass and so on...IT WOULD BE WONDERFUL

funny,,,Tom

i just remember that in your country ( USA ) i would be a minor ( i am 19 )...a am legal here in AUST ...

i think a midi cable would be the best....i hate having to roll the thing up the special way... making a midi interface/ take out the tip to ground jack's..then you wouldn't need the whole interface thing...i just hope the MK V is as good as it's pass forefather's ..that would be cool...yeah.

Russ said:
As far as the Triaxis goes, I am still not happy with a preamp and power amp combination in a rack. No matter what you do to me it still sounds synthetic. I am far from an all tube elitist but I do believe that amps sound best in their truest forms (a chassis outside of a rack beit a head or combo though I prefer heads). I just feel that through the use of a preamp and power amp setup you lose something somewhere and some synthetic feel is added that you cannot necessarily dial out. I have personally owned and tried many setups but never quite got the organic tone I was searching for until I packed up the rack and plugged back in straight.

That's the weirdest thing i've ever heard :D
If you can hear the difference between standalone preamp/power amp and a head, then one of your ancestors must have been a bat :lol:

I'm with Russ, on the rack stuff. I had a Triaxs, and it was nice, but the traditional amp sounds best to me IMHO.

Back