point me in the right direction please

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velcrots

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i'm new to the forum and hoping you all can help me out. Just from the few posts i've read most guys here have way more experience with various amps then i do. i need to put together a rig, an affordable one (under $1500) that can sound like, or better, than these songs: http://soundcloud.com/fly-molo

in these recordings i only used a pod xt live direct. the only amp i currently have is an old tube works tube driver. if nothing else, i need to replace the pod with some more usable pedals for a live setting. thought about 5:25 or 50, thought about vox with some pedals, or marshall half stack... no clue!

Thanks for the help!

I think under $1500 you can get a pretty solid setup. I'd suggest to look into a DC-5. I love mine. I use a Mesa DC-5 through a Marshall 1960A 4x12. Cab was $350 and amp was $400

This is really nice work,man.Have you ever tried a MARK V?I don't know where you live and have access to and you said "a live setting".It sounded like passive pickups when I ran it through a big Crown and some real monitors.If you did "blind again" and "message to control"on what you got,I don't know tell you.I've got an SLO that'd blow your head off but I promised it to somebody.Have you ever tried a Genz Benz Black Pearl 30?Try and play a Mark V or a RA 100.Keep the drummer and bass player.

I spent tons of money on rack gear and line 6 equipment you will notice a 100% difference going to a tube rec head or a mark V. I owned all of the line 6 gear from the original pod to the x3pro rack mount and all of the mod units. I swore by them for many years. If you are used to the line 6 effects get the line 6 m9 for the effects and run it in the effects loop and get a tube mesa head. I cut through everything in the studio/ live/ and at practice. You will never own a modeler again :) I bought the Mark v head and had a marshal 1960 cab with v30's in it. Sold the cab and got a mesa cab. If you can afford it get a mesa cab the heads seem to be voiced for the cabs :). I bought an old used one with c90's in it. Find a band you like and more then likely they have mesa gear and settings posted somewhere. It takes a while to dial in the tones. Its a whole other beast way worth every penny!!
I had the problem when playing with the band that my tone was conflicting with the bass player when I had the line6 they were on the same frequency the mesa heads are tuned to sit in there own space in the mix and it makes a huge difference.

http://www.soundcloud.com/pivotband

Back