Podxt on Recto Pre

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elpelotero

Reaction score
my singer uses a podxt thru the serial loop of one of my rectos and it workd great. the pre-preamp efx don't do so great tho.

not that we've noticed. haven't compared it side by side, but I am sure my singer did on his own time. I'll ask him and let you know. Remind me if I don't reply in a couple of days.

his answer:

when all the fx send, pod channel level, pod master out, and fx return levels are all normaled to each other, no ...it just adds a tiny bit of neutral noise, just like adding a pedal to your rig, etc

if the levels are not set properly tho, the pod may be set to "over-process" the pre-amped fx send signal, resulting in a nasty filtered sound thats very difficult to manipulate

(also making the resulting tone more susceptible to feedback and other nastiness...)

I tried using it in the PARALLEL loop of my Tremoverb and could not get it to sound right. Note that its a parallel loop and it think that is the problem. The PODXT has some inherent lag or latency to its signal so if you have a parallel loop you can get a sort of permanent "flange" sound because you hear the original tone and delayed tone.

It kind of goes away when you set it to full wet mix but there is still a hint of that flange sound because even at full mix the dang parallel loop leaks a tiny bit.

Second problem is getting the levels right. The POD is designed for guitar levels not line levels so you have to be carefull there.

Third problem is really weird: if you turn up the POD output too loud it goes into a high pitched self oscillation into digital madness. Really strange.

I gave up messing with it and am buying a dedicated delay / phaser / chorus etc.

If you have a serial loop, you may have better success.

Guitarzan said:
The best thing to do with anything labeled "Line 6" is to get rid of it.

lol. i use a toneport at home when practicing and recording, and it works fine.

i've been thinking of using a flextone 3 combo amp on stage just for my clean sound, depends on when i get my hotplate if it distorts the clean channel too much i might go the "two amp" route. more stuff to carry but in the end it'll sound nicer. besides, i always thought mod amps do a great job when it comes to clean sounds.

Latest posts

Back