Please help,,,Tube questions????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

recto-robbie

Reaction score
Hello all,, I recently purchased a rectoverb. I have aquired a few matching pairs of 6l6 tubes over the past year or so. They are all brand new. Two sets are from Eurotubes and the third set is from Mesa Boogie. My question is, would it be fine to use any of the sets in my new rectoverb without causing harm to my amp?? I have no clue what ratings the eurotubes are other than they were originaly bought as a matching quad. The mesa tubes confuse me a bit because the tubes that came with my rectoverb say green 10.. The extra set I have say yellow 10. I play my amp at a moderatly low volume level 2-4 ,,never full blast. Hope this helps,,,,thanks for any replies

The Mesa color scheme will tell you how much headroom you will get before power tube saturation. Do a quick search on the color grading system. It was here not too long ago. You might even find the comparisons to GT while you are at it. Realistically you should be ablet o run any matching pair together as a matching pair provided that they are properly matched to run in your amp. Mesa tubes are graded for their noise and output. The Mesa tubes color graded should be fine to run in your amp provided your amp is built to run the particular tube type. In this case the rectoverb should accept the 6L6's. So there really is no question there. Just do not run different colors within the same pair of sockets. You might call Bob @ Eurotubes to find out what the tubes are rated at if there are any markings on them or the boxes. This will also allow you to find out more information regarding your Eurotubes. I have read some information regarding his selection that pushes the Mesas a little in turn getting better sound but you want to be sure that the tubes that you have will be safe for your amp.

recto-robbie said:
Hello all,, I recently purchased a rectoverb. I have aquired a few matching pairs of 6l6 tubes over the past year or so. They are all brand new. Two sets are from Eurotubes and the third set is from Mesa Boogie. My question is, would it be fine to use any of the sets in my new rectoverb without causing harm to my amp?? I have no clue what ratings the eurotubes are other than they were originaly bought as a matching quad. The mesa tubes confuse me a bit because the tubes that came with my rectoverb say green 10.. The extra set I have say yellow 10. I play my amp at a moderatly low volume level 2-4 ,,never full blast. Hope this helps,,,,thanks for any replies

If you are ever in doubt call mesa artist relations at 707 778 6565

Back