Please help me identify my MarkIIc, please!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dongh1217

Reaction score
Since I couldn't find any contact e-mail via boogie's main page, this site is my last resort..

As a long time boogie fan for over 10 years, I just got a Mark IIC from local second hand market, but I have hard time to identify if this could be a C+ since the serieal number is : 12786, and fully loaded simul/eq/reverb combo, I did the fx loop test that I couldn't hear any tone change from tweak the drive knob while amp in lead mode.

Just wondering any chance for you guys to check if this baby could be a C+ by any chance? there are no + mark above the powercord

BTW, from what I heard that IIc don't have enough gain (can't go any further than AC/DC) for modern metal, but my combo do have more than enough gain for any extreme metal and got that perfect metallica thrash tone in it with both gain and drive set at 6.5, plus with a extreme agressive voicing.

Anyway, I just love this baby, and I couldn't believe how much better this thing sounds compae to my Triaxis/20:20 set up.

Any chance if you could help me would be totally appericated!!

Thank you!!!

Love from New Zealand
Hua Dong

ramalam said:
The serial number indicates that it is a C+. Check inside and see if you see "PR11A" on the printed circuit board. If so, it is a C+.

It's RP11A, but they were also used for the IIC and there have been documented cases of IIC's with as high 126XX serial numbers.

I would guess it is a C+ - between the s/n, FX loop test, and amount of gain you mention it doesn't seem to be a "C". A missing "+" over the cord wouldn't be a problem to me.

Thanks boys!!! You guys rules.

BTW, a bad news from my amp is that I just realized that my outter 2 power tubes not working at all(not light up at all) and when I switch to Class A, the amp doesn't make any sound at all.

I got a pair of matched EL34s, should I put it into two outter socket and see what happen before I take it to the tech??

BTW, here are some shitty pics that I took, sorry for poor lighting.
P1000259.jpg

P1000264.jpg

Shep said:
looks like a 105 tranny..and 415's on the outer pair..

gut shot's would give you a 100% answer..

that's an Export transformer. It's big like the 105, but it's not. It's also called the X101

Congrats! Welcome to the Official IIC+ Export Model Club. :D

dongh1217 said:

BTW, a bad news from my amp is that I just realized that my outter 2 power tubes not working at all(not light up at all) and when I switch to Class A, the amp doesn't make any sound at all.

I got a pair of matched EL34s, should I put it into two outter socket and see what happen before I take it to the tech??

Yes, you should replace the tubes first. The 415's might be dead or something.

dongh1217 said:

At least swap the inner and outer pairs , turn on in standby and see if the heaters light up .

Octavarius said:
Congrats! Welcome to the Official IIC+ Export Model Club. :D

dongh1217 said:

Yeah, keep rubbing it in you export owning snob. :cry:

cheers boys!!! haha, I'm so happy now, this baby sure sounds millions times more brutal than My old Triaxis. \m/ cheers boys for your kind helpful information!!! \m/

Elpelotero said:
Shep said:
looks like a 105 tranny..and 415's on the outer pair..

gut shot's would give you a 100% answer..

that's an Export transformer. It's big like the 105, but it's not. It's also called the X101

i am not sure What my mk III's is but it's not as big as that one.. i mean that looks huge..

Latest posts

Back