Playing quietly?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terribleboy

Reaction score
Hello together,

I only want to know, if it's bad for the Dual Rectifier when it's played quietly? Because yesterday afternoon I noticed how noiseless I can turn the amp! Of course the sound isn't quite good than, but I can play the guitar in the afternoon :D So I want to know if it's bad for the rectifier.

Thank you very much and excuse my very bad English, please,

terribleboy!

No, you are not doing any harm playing your amp in this fashion.

As you said though it wont sound as good.

you might want to look into an attenuator as itll let you get cranked tones out at a lower volume :D but in the meantime you might want to try setting the amp to the vacuum tube rectifiers and spongy selection as theyll lower output a bit and still let you have good tone 8)

All right!
Thank you very much! So I can play my amp very quiet without being frightened at damaging it! :D

Has anybody else tried a volume pedal thru the FX loop? I tried this and cranked the volume up on the amp and about 10% on the pedal and it sounds way cool. It gets just as hot as it normally would if I cranked it that much though I don't know if I'm getting massive power tube distortion. It works similar to an attenuator and a lot cheaper.

omghi2u said:
Has anybody else tried a volume pedal thru the FX loop? I tried this and cranked the volume up on the amp and about 10% on the pedal and it sounds way cool. It gets just as hot as it normally would if I cranked it that much though I don't know if I'm getting massive power tube distortion. It works similar to an attenuator and a lot cheaper.

Not the same thing at all. It's more like the Output knob.

The power section is after the fx loop, so what's happening is that the power tubes working the same amount amplifying a very weak signal. You aren't getting any more power tube distortion than you were before.

how quiet do you guys need to play? get a pod and some headphones...

Yea...that's what I kinda figured but it was beneficial to me cuz' my amp didn't have an output knob. Just Vol + Gain.

The problem with headphones is that you can't get that sweet tone from your favorite amp. Even though not optimal at low volumes, amps still sound great.

Back