picking up radio stations

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R_ADKINS80

Reaction score
Any of you guys have this problem? I run my rig through a furman power conditioner, doesn't matter what tubes I have in my Triple Rec and I get radio stations clear as day coming through the speakers. Cables are all new planet waves, does it with all of my guitars too. It has to be front end related because when I unplug the cable from the input jack on the head it stops. I only run two pedals, A boss NS2 with a TS9 in the loop of the boss. I should also add that if i just go from the guitar straight in to the amp i still get the radio stations. Help help HELP

all pedals are on batteries, too. At first I thought it was my pedal power supply but when I switched the pedals back to batteries there was no change.

The cable and/or guitar strings are acting as an antenna and rectifying in the preamp. Does it go away if you turn off the guitar volume?

I suspect the ground connection of the amp's input jack. Without it, nothing is shielded.

You may also have a strong radio transmitter nearby. It may help to add a small (33pF) capacitor from the input to GND.

New or not, you may have a bum input cable. Try another.

Tried every cable I have, still does it. It doesn't matter if my guitar volume is turned up or down.

Latest posts

Back